Welcome to the forum

Driver incident 25th June

edited June 2014 in Members only
Today I decided to make a formal complaint against our focus friend and went to Hitchin police station, I explained that I was a firefighter with 20 years blue light experience and a class 1 hgv driver and that I had been riding road bikes for 30 years so can look at things from all angles. I gave a full statement of the events on the day. Apparently there is quite a lot the police can do against such people. He can be charged for offenses against section 59 of the traffic act, he could have a note put on his license for insurers to see and he could be charged for aggressive behavior as he got out of his car and was violent/abusive.
All the details are with them now and they will look into this person and decide what action to take against him. Nathan, Bob and the other member who I don't know the name of may all need to give separate witness statements so I will be in touch when I know what is happening. The officer did say the traffic team who deal with this sort of thing do like to pursue and deal with these kinds of characters, so let's hope they do

Comments

• brilliant

whispered you my number and email address
  • Hi Mick

I've moved this discussion into the members only category - as I think from previous advice the idea is to keep these kinds of incidents low profile until a time when the police have done their thing.

Thanks.