Welcome to the forum

MSG 5 @ Radical Bikes Dirt Jump Venue

edited June 2014 in Cyclocross/Offroad
A tough morning of racing at this new venue in Essex for the MSG MTB series.

Non technical they said. No hills they said. Well they got the no hills bit right but the course had a lot of technical features in the twisty woodland course. I decided after the sighting lap to take some of it CX style and get off and run.

8 CCA out today in the sun.

In the open male John Polak after a fast start which enabled him to get ahead of the inevitable bottlenecking when the single track started got a creditable 12th place. I came in 32nd with Shelton a couple of minutes back in 37th out of 80 riders.

Jackie was 4th Vet lady

Noah Field 7th u14

Travis Pell 11th u16

Felix Field 26th u12

Harley Pell 2nd u12 girl

Plenty of entertainment watching the locals do their thing on their jump bikes hoping from concrete pillar to cable drum to rock feature of back flipping into a ball pit to practice safe landing. not much pedalling going on but very skilful.

Stuart

Comments

• I don't know about you guys, but I'm black and blue all over. Come and ride your mountain bike they said, it will be fun they said...

Roll on autumn.
  • Great to see the off-road section going well, even though it's not actually cyclocross season ;)
    Well done all.
  • Nice one MTBers. Would love to have a play at this next year so will be asking lots of questions when i see you next.
  • Thank you Theo.

It's equally great to see the road section going well, despite it not yet being cyclocross season ;)