Welcome to the forum

8am Saturday 2nd August

edited July 2014 in Club runs
Not sure if Robbie is back from hols or who is about.
Up for 100m at a bit o pace and would happily take recommendations on the route if anyone's game?

Comments

• weather looks rubbish but i am proposing my all new "two zoos" ride - out to woburn then accross to whipsnade and back via redbourne and the cafe - never done it before but how lost can we get....

its about 85 miles

see you at the tuns at 8
  • boys there's space on the velodrome trip!

most fun you'll ever have on a bike, seriously
  • Two zoos sounds good to me. See you at 8
  • Dear all, huge apology for no show, unfortunately had to go into work last minute.
  • edited August 2014
    enjoyed that !! - 4 out - peterG, jane, vince and me - weather was great - one wrong/missed turn in eggington - some good climbs; dunstable downs, dagnal to ringshall, pipers hill and ledgemore lane - coffee, coca-cola and cake at the HUB in redbourne - wind assisted return journey was a bonus - caught up with the 9.30 squad just after baldock - 85 miles, as advertised :-), at 18mph according to jane's garmin
  • edited August 2014
    That was great!

Thx Phil for the route ... and Vince for the green T ... and Pete for generally harassing everyone and making me laugh. This will be remembered as the 'just 1 more Pipers Hill' ride. Not sure if it was Pipers Hill 1 or the 2nd Pipers Hill or the sequel to Pipers Hill 2 that did it, but my legs are really rather tired now
  • A really good one. I looked like green tea at the stop. Cheers all for nursing me home. Most appreciated. The cold bath helped to ease the aching legs. Looking forward to Mark's 100 this Saturday but imagine many will be saving themselves for the London 100 on Sunday. Enjoy