Welcome to the forum

MSG Thetford Rnd 6 (The Girl can race)

edited August 2014 in Youth
On Sunday I raced at Santon Downham, It was a challenging mountain bike race and as always I was at the back of the boys gridding with the rest of the girls. I had a good start and managed to get through half of the field before hitting the twisty single track, my family called out my race position and on lap 2 I was in 4th position and feeling very tired but I knew I had to keep pedaling away to chase the race leaders down. They were in sight up the approaching hill, but unfortunately as I was catching them I came off on a bumpy corner and had to pick myself up and get going again before I got caught by the rider behind me. I'm really pleased with my result as I finished 4th overall and 1st Girl. The day before, I was invited to attend an aspire session, I feel this session helped me gain my result. The coach Steve Manser has asked me if I would like to race up in the under 14's for the final 2 MSG races which I am going to do if British cycling will give me the dispensation to do so.

Harley

Harley working her way through the back of the grid
Harley in thetford forest

Comments

• Nice one Harley.
  • Great news Harley. Go for it...
  • great stuff harley, well done.
  • wonderful result and really great report Harley. I am not surprised that people are noticing you. All the work you have put in is reaping a reward. You'll find it tough against the higher age group but just think how good you will feel if you do well against youths 3 years or so older. Go for it.