Welcome to the forum

Mystery Ride - cancelled?

edited August 2009 in Club runs
I think Geoff is down with a virus - so this won't be running? Normal Sunday rides I think.

Comments

• It's O.K. Martin.........ride will start at 9.00am..........destination a mystery as with route.......about 90 miles at club ride pace with an interesting midway stop and lunch available there..........I'm doing it anyway...am feeling much better and took the youth to Mildenhall today....a great grass track event....
  • And wasn't it a lively ride!
  • dunno Robbie........still a mystery to me!!!
  • Extended club run went well
    8 set off 62 miles at 17mph
    Josh Maynard had the bottom bracket go
    Doggy mechanic had just replaced it I think
    A collection job from Grafton Water cycle shop
    John got the sprint ( 2 inches - some say thats alot )
    towed us the last several miles so deserved it
    I think he discovered a new max heart rate though
    ( Prize for the biggest cheer over the line - yes beats the france trip moment )
    Good ride , all stuck together - particularly into the wind !
    Same again next week
  • I think I meant dodgy
  • Medium/Fast was blisteringly fast. 11 out. I had to peel off early so missed the outcome. Did you guys get to Swanbourne and back? Flew back eh?!
  • Dodgy!! I don't think so.

It was the sub-standard parts, the tools were wrong for the job, the lighting on the evening I did it was insufficient, er, the bloke who did it before was a wrong 'un.

Anyway thanks for looking after Joshua, he was picked up OK by Alison. The 'club run' went well with a 43 mile ride into Essex at 16.7mph average. Four of us on it with coffee back at my place afterwards.

The bike has been 'fixed' by jolluping the BB into a tube that I think once had a thread in it. There will be a test ride soon!!
  • James, I checked my HRM when I got home and it'd just pipped 200....I was quite determined not to lose the sprint after leading up the hill to the water tower and then through Hinxworth. Must remember that max heart rate is not an objective!
  • my 90 club pace mystery ride turned as Martin said into a blisteringly fast start medium/fast, almost nasty boy ride......I was gasping 20 miles in and praying for a slight easing. Alex and Ian are staggeringly strong as is Jon...we didn't do Swanbourne but included Sharpenhoe with break point before we turned for Ian to save his marriage and get home in time(hopefully not late again) and another 3 peeled off in Whitwell Jon Phil and Steve to return home whilst 5 went up the hill towards Wheathamstead looping through Codicote Bottom and across to Welwyn and Knebworth,Datchworth,Watton and then home at a blistering rate....Alex turned off and then Adam..so Robbie,Carmelo and I finished a 76 miler(hilly) at 18.7...some headwind