Welcome to the forum

Hillingdon Circuit RR Tuesday 27th May

edited May 2008 in Road Racing
As I can't make MK Bowl this week I thought I'd leave work early and head down to Hillingdon for one of their 4th CAT circuit races on Tuesday evening.
About 30 4th CAT riders set of for what was about 50 minutes + 3 lap race ( the length determined by interleaving the finish with the enormous E/1/2/3 bunch).
Having been feeling wonky for a week or so I told myself to sit the pack and just stay near the front. So 15minute in I ignored this and went for a break with one other rider and we managed to stay away for 2 laps. We were caught by the bunch up the finish hill which had a fairly stiff head wind coming down it.
Staying near the front I ended up helping to chase down 2 more breaks to keep the bunch together.
After 50 minutes the 3 lap to go board was shown (I felt like I was just warming up) and the pace hotted up considerably with attempts to break away happening all around the circuit. The race ended with a mass charge up the hill, and I managed to fight my way near to the front to finish 5th overall with only 1 & 1/2 bike lengths between the top 6 riders, all very exciting.
I picked up my first ever prize money and 5 more points

Cheers

TRahern

Comments

• Well done mate, i went to the vets race last night at the bowl, had a good race for an hour and 3 laps, got caught treading a bit of water up the hill at the finish but managed to crawl home in 8th position, Andy and myself were involved in a couple of breaks but only managed to stay away for 2-3 laps before the pack swallowed us up. What time does the Hillingdon race start and how much is entry and how do you get there, next week there is no Vets race at the bowl on Tuesday so may want a change of scnery.

The Arlesey Flyer
  • Well done Trahern - very impressive. Is feeling wonky befroehand the secret to success I wonder..?
  • Keith,

They start at 7:15 (sign on from about 6:15).
    £18 for the first week £8 thereafter (I thought it was only £10 for the first week like MK, so I got a bit of a shock)
    Location: Junction of A312 & 4020 in Hayes. M25; M40 East ;off J1; A4020; just after A312 Rndabout take first Right into industrail (Spring RD or something like that)

Trahern