Welcome to the forum

Wednesday Cyclo-Cross training sessions

edited August 2014 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Hi all,

The Wednesday Cyclo-Cross training sessions at Knights Templar will start on Wednesday 27th August.

7pm - 8:30pm.
Under 18s £2.50, Adults £3.
You will need trainers for the running warm up.

Please book a place with me as we can take a maximum of 30 riders. We can only take First Claim members this year due to the high demand.
Riders must be aged at least 10.

Book a place on here or email me markwyer at ntlworld.com.

Mark.

Comments

• Hi Mark

Sophie would love to attend please. She has just had experience of her first CX race at Mildenhall! Things did not go quite according to plan as they did not use CX league age cats or BC age cats. Instead of doing 2 short laps with the under 12's, she had to do 5 long laps of the course with the under 16's. Considering she was the only girl, the only 12 year old and had never done any CX training or racing, she did well to only be lapped once. They gave her the first (only) girl prize as a consolation but it was a really hard race for her. I hope it hasn't put her off.

Claire Lewis
  • great to hear this Claire. If I know anything about Sophie I reckon it will make her more determined to give them a pasting next year and Mark's sessions are the perfect way to get all the advice and techniques. How did she do on the saturday youth racing?
  • 1st in the girls under 12 omnium with Harley a very close 2nd. Sophie also won the girls duathlon and the bike skills, so a clean sweep over the weekend!!!
  • Nathan will sign up for these. He was 7th in the U12s CX at Mildenhall yesterday.
    Thanks,Neil
  • Well done to Sophie. With the weather as it was a great intro to CX.
    Stuart
  • brilliant results Claire..well done Sophie and Harley..the inseparables :-)
  • Mark,

I've whispered you.

Cheers
    Scott.
  • I've just reached capacity for these sessions. Let me know if you want to go on a waiting list for a place this winter.

Martin - can you sticky this please.