Welcome to the forum

Club affiliation to the central league

edited August 2014 in Cyclocross/Offroad
I was just looking at paying my £10 for Sophie's individual affiliation to the central league but there are a number of riders looking to ride in the central league so can we get club affiliation? I am happy to pay my £10 to the club if it helps everyone else. Races are being held in Letchworth, Hillingdon, MK, Wendover, Harlington, Welwyn, so all reasonably close. Who can make a decision about this?

Comments

• if its helps get an idea of numbers, we're also planning to compete in the Central league races this year.
  • I am planning to do some CX races this year. Central League looks really well organised judging by the web site. Also some local events. I was thinking of joining as an individual.

One question - I assume that a provisional BC license is sufficient to race these local league events?
  • Under 10s are automatically affiliated and neither need to belong to an affiliated club, nor affiliate individually. I'm fairly certain this is the case for Under 12s but you may need to check. Post on their Facebook page, they're usually quite good at getting back to you.
  • Sophie goes into under 14 shortly.
  • Provisional licence is fine. You just won't get the BC points.
  • I'm on hols at the moment but will look into this next week.

It's a tricky one trying to be fair to everyone. The club pays various affiliations ( usually a lot less than £100).
    I think there will be quite a few riding central this year, I will probably do a few myself although the main focus will still likely be Eastern. We had nearly 40 riders in eastern last year. If we pay the central club affiliation, great but in the eastern league the are only individual affiliations. Now if you only or mainly ride eastern and we have paid centrals then you might reasonably expect the club to pay your eastern affiliation. That would be £400 and I wouldn't want to stretch to that.
    How many have paid central affiliation so far? There is notmuch point paying club fees if most indivuals have already paid.

Hope I'm making sense!
  • Good points Tim. It's probably also worth pointing out that affiliation to Central League only gets you points in the league, not a discount on entry or any other advantage, so unless you want to enter 50% or more of the races in CCXL then I would argue affiliation is pointless.

For my part I might do two or three CCXL this season, and do not plan to affiliate.
  • edited August 2014
    Holly and Sophie will do Central League. Not paid yet. Think they will also do some of the local eastern region races. There is also Ollie and Cam that do Central.
  • We may do a few of the closer central races but not enough to count. Not sure when we will fit these in though as there are so many eastern this season. Some weekends have one on Sat and Sun.
  • Ok, so as VP points out, affiliation only gets you league points. Although there will be quite a few CCA doing the odd one i don't think there will be many at all doing enough to qualify for points so probably not worth us joining as a club. We can revisit this next year once we see what the changes to the Eastern League mean in terms of who ends up riding where.