Welcome to the forum

CCA CLUB BBQ Sunday 6th Sept

edited September 2009 in General
O.K. Everyone.........for those who can make it..quite a few from the e-mails.........It Is ON.......from 2.00pm until LATE or whenever at RADWELL HOUSE
BRING OWN FOOD AND DRINK........BBQ provided for you to cook on..........as with ALL CCA club previous ones it's DIY.......rugs or chairs as you wish.....plenty of space so bring games if you wish.........space to walk...relax and celebrate a great years cycling and events

donations of £1-2 per person optional..........as these funds will go towards the CCA Grass Track Appeal.

LOCATION....
from Ashwell ..head through Newnham towards old A1 junction...left to Baldock...right to Radwell ONLY........opposite village Church a Gateway..signposted Parking for CCA BBQ....drive in and park........walk down to Radwell House through the grounds........Regulars know the routine....all Newcomers welcome .......

lets hope for good weather

Cheers everyone.....Geoff

See you all there........ Marquee is up should weather turn so O.K. there.....any entertainers welcome to strut your stuff........

Comments

• A lovely afternoon enjoying the last warmth of the summer sun with good company and a fine feast. Thank you Geoff for arranging and hosting this delightful occasion.
    Daniel
  • My pleasure entirely Daniel.........it was a very pleasant occasion.....by the way, can I have 5 people to help dismantle the marquee next weekend as it has been up long enough..would be good practice for when club wants to erect it for an event say on our new cycle park....

a pity more of the main club couldn't make it.......I did e mail also.

This highlights however one of our continuing issues.......how best to connect with the club on current or immediate NEED to highlight an activity/event/call for help...like with Mark Wyers Cyclo-cross event at Knights Templar Saturday 26th September.

He needs help to set up and mann the catering stall...marshalls and more...... http://www.ccaforum.co.uk/comments.php?DiscussionID=253&page=1#Item_0

many might read the forum,only a few regularly post...there is no way to know if the messages posted here have been read.
    Not everyone regularly checks their mail, and even those who do quite often only read the first line or so.

I still think a NEWS page on the web would be an idea...the FIRST port of call for ALL club members to see what is a LIVE issue....with a link to the forum item for comment and pledges etc.........any thoughts guys??
  • I volunteer to dismantle the marrquee; (bit alarmed not to see any guy poles by the way).

I only bumped into Mark's event on the BCF website; I was surprised. I would encourage earlier lobbying for volunteers, maybe Mark has done this already. I can offer help; please advise what is needed.

Communications? Too much electronic communication is not effective. A spoken network is also important; this applies to lobbying for volunteers for helping in race events etc.

I thought the turn out at the barbecue was okay............
  • I think the forum is perfect for up to date, real time news. If members don't read the forum, then what makes you think they'll start reading a 'news' page on the web site??? the forum requires little intervention from an administrator and does what it says on the tin... not broke, don't fix :-)