Welcome to the forum

Scraborough Grass Track - Scarborough Festival of Cycling

edited September 2014 in Grass Track
This weekend I went up to Scarborough to experience some Northern grass track racing! There was strong representation from several Yorkshire teams: particularly Otley and East Bradford, but also some familiar faces from Lincolnshire teams too. The racing was much faster and not very tactical, which was interesting. The grass track racing event was an Omnium, counting 4 events (TT, Devil, Scratch and Sprint). It started off with a 1 lap TT which I was third in, then we had the sprint event which I was aslo 3rd in! In the Devil, I came 2nd in my age category and about 6th overall as they mixed the As and Bs together. This put me into overall 2nd, because the original second place rider, Jake Norton from SRAM Sherwood Pines, had a mishap in the Devil after going into the pusher in front of him. The final event was the Scratch race where I came 2nd in a closely fought battle with Jake, who finished third. This secured me 2nd place overall in the Omnium. They also had a few bonus event not part of the Omnium, a Handicap, a slow race and a Devil with Youth and Adults together, I was the last youth B rider to remain in the mixed Devil race and I even beat a few adults! Ex-CCA rider Andrew Leveton was there, winning his 800m race. The event was part of the Scarborough Festival of Cycling, which holds a National Series Road Race on Oliver's Mount and many other events too!

Overall it was a great days racing in a lovely setting with fine weather!

Comments