Welcome to the forum

Wanted: Bike Bag or Box

edited September 2014 in General
I am starting university in a few weeks so, on top of getting my head around the workings of washing machines, I need to sort out transporting and storing my bike. Provided it is in a bike bag (or box) it should be okay to keep it in my room so I was wondering if anybody happened to have an old one that is surplus to requirements? I am not really looking for anything too fancy or in pristine condition, I'm just trying to keep the accommodation officers happy.

Bryn

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Bryn,

I have an old box, about 10 years that I have been on the verge of ditching for some time. You are welcome to have it. It is pretty large and comes with a small stand that goes inside. Just take wheels off and roll bars forward and the bike sits on the stand inside.

Only problem is that I have moved to Christchurch in Dorset.

My daughter still lives in Bassingbourn and could possibly bring it back up for you, but you would need to let me know quite quickly as she is down this weekend.

Regards

Alistair
  • I just bought a Kinesis CX bike that arrived in nice sturdy bike box. Was going to dump it and you are more than welcome to take it if it meets your needs. You just need to remove the front wheel and turn the bars 90 degrees to fit the bike in. Whisper if you want it.
  • Thanks for the offer Alistair but I am looking for something that will mean as little disassembly as possible.