Welcome to the forum

Any engineers out there?

edited September 2014 in Members only
As many of you know, we had our container broken into recently. Nothing much taken ( this time) but the container is damaged. The padlock is unbroken but as you can see in the pic the metalwork attached to the container has been cut. We need to repair this metal bracket and put further protection on the lock so that thieves cant get bolt cutters in there.

So, i have been trying to find someone to help us out and have so far struggled. I havent found anyone able or willing to help. The one local firm that seemed keen ( Andrew Klose) have, somewhat ironically recently had all their mobile welding kit stolen.

The problem seems to be lack of onsite power and speaking to my farmer neighbour you cant run standard welding kit from a standard generator.

Is there anyone out there who knows anyone with mobile gas or electric welding kit who could help? Or, if we could get the door off my neighbour could do the work. The hinge pins are tack welded in though so i might need some help with that.

Any help gratefully recieved and we not looking for a freebie here, just looking to get it sorted.

Also, if we could keep this in members only so the wider world and general scumbags arent reading this that would be good.

Comments

• Also, i meant to say thanks to all those that are looking after bikes. Could we have them all back for the meeting on 13th. I will then come up with a plan with what to do with them.

Thanks
  • I will try through contacts at work. Let you know early next week.
  • Hi Tim, sorry to hear about this.
    A guy we used at work once is Deon Van Rooyen - he was very reasonably priced and based in Cambridgeshire, doing all kinds of mobile welding might be worth a try if you get stuck...
  • Great, thanks Dave, will give him a try!
  • Update.....thanks to Daves top tip, Deon the welder is going to do the work on our container, but not until next week.

So, for the grass track on Saturday, could everyone who has bikes at home please bring them on Saturday. After the event has finished it would be really helpful if everyone could take a couple of bikes and drop them off at mine on the way home. Ill then store them all until the container is mended.

Ta.
  • Hi Tim

think we have 7 bikes. This included 1 road and a couple of tracks that were not running. With our own bikes will only be able to bring the runners back and will sort the others later. Is that ok?

Stuart
  • Container now mended. If we could get all the kit back up there today, that would be great. Many Thanks.