Welcome to the forum

Eastern CX Round 1 Basildon

edited September 2014 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Good turn out from CCA today in all races except senior I think. Typically tough. 3 hills in particular really take it out of you.

Well done to all those that raced. Hope Jackie and Adam heal fast after their crashes which took them out of the race.

Full results to follow

Comments

• Jackie and Adam - hope you both get better soon. I didn't hear what injuries Adam has but Jackie has some very bruised (possibly fractured) ribs & managed to crack her helmet when she fell. It must have been a nasty one. In typical Jackie fashion, her biggest worry seems to be how it might impact her training for the 3 peaks challenge at the end of the month... but apparently it should be OK because she can just sit upright on her turbo trainer! That's commitment.

We left too soon to know how everyone got on but there was some great racing from the Ashwell youngsters. Ashwell 1st in both the U10s & U12s (Joseph & James respectively). I think Noah was top 10 in the U14s as well. Archie raced a very brave race in the U12s and was in 3rd place until the last 200m. He finished 6th though - his first ever top 10 place so he is delighted & I'm very proud. It was great to see so many blue shirts.

I'm off to collapse onto the sofa - my whole body is gradually seizing up after battling up those hills. Thanks to all the CCAs for the encouragement as I slogged round. I did laugh when the race leader blasted past me and Archie helpfully shouted "Get on his wheel Mum!"

Well done everyone!
  • Just looked at results on the Eastern Web, some very good results! Hope both Adam and Jackie are ok.
  • Impressed with the team spirit to match the hard work today. Well done to all.
  • I'm ok, nothing too serious, just some bruising to my chest and several cuts to my right knee. I went down in a mad dash to the first corner, but as I was 4 rows back I couldnt see that the course had narrowed considerably. Im not sure what happened after that. I think I'll be fine for next weeks race though.

Adam
  • As Stuart says, a great CCA turn-out on Saturday - well done to everyone who raced, and best wishes for quick recoveries to Jackie & Adam.

Results at: http://easterncross.org.uk/race14-15-1.htm

Various race videos by John Swindells at http://swinny.net/Cycling/Cyclocross/-4609-Essex-Roads-Cross

With wins from Joseph H, James F and a third place from Mark L, CCA probably won the team prize too.

We were surprised that James won given that he has done relatively little cycling over the spring & summer. I guess it shows that swimming training must be the best preparation for cyclocross racing... I think it's the first ever Eastern League Under 12 win by CCA rider? Apologies to any previous winners if I'm wrong about that.

I'll post up a few photos of various races if I get a chance.

Mark F
  • Full CCA results for the paper??

Vet Men 40-49
    6th John Polak
    33 Stuart Field
    36 Richard Law
    47 Tim Duckett
    50 Daniel Doncaster
    54 Peter Danield
    56 Richard Lawrence

Ladies
    7th Lindsay Foulkes

U16
    7th Noah Field
    9th travis Pell

U14
    10th Felix Field

U12
    1st James Fraser
    6th Archie Foulkes
    11th Nathan hardy
    13th sam Daniels

U10
    1st Joseph Hadsley
    3rd Mark Lightfoot

Hope I have not missed anyone

Stuart
  • Well done everyone, great results.

There a some pics on the eastern cross page. Can someone identify the CCA riders there for me? Ideally looking for a photo of Joseph or James for the paper. Thanks
  • edited September 2014
    Hi Matt,

Here's a photo of James in the Under 12 race, shown with breakaway partner Joe Kiely (Welwyn Wheelers).

Mark F

JF
  • Great. Thanks