Welcome to the forum

MSG Shouldham Warren (racing up a category)

edited September 2014 in Youth
I raced up for the first time in the under 14's/16's category on Saturday. I was really nervous as the course and length of time was so much longer than I usually race, but when the whistle went on the start line I soon forgot my nerves. The start had a long hill to climb up so I just powered it as hard as I could all the way to the top. I was in sixth position when I reached the top then we went into single track. When I got to the A and B line I took the decision to take the A line as I knew it was a lot shorter route, after coming out of the A line I was in fourth position. I then managed to get past the girl in third position and tried to keep my pace up. I managed this until very close to the end of the race. Unfortunately I just couldn't keep the pace up on the last half of the lap and was overtaken putting me back into 4th position. I just did not have the energy to overtake her again so finished the race in 4th position. Out of the under 14's in my category i would have come second as the 1st and 3rd riders in my race were under 16's.

Me riding one of 2 A lines in the race

Comments

• Great racing Harley, and a great report too. Brilliant.

How did that father of yours get on?

Daniel
  • going from strength to strength Harley...echo Daniel's comments above.
  • Nice one Harley. You looked like you were going well.

I managed 55th in the mens race and got a time for all 3 laps despite not entering and spending the whole time taking pics so don't know what happened there??

I didn't beat Shelton who I saw walking up one of the hills :-)
  • That's classy riding Harley, well done! Absolutely the right decision to move up.
  • You ole boys, need to worry about what you are doing! ;-) no need to be concerned I just make the numbers up to make your results look better. :-) I brake for cake..

Shelton