Welcome to the forum

Hog Hill CX

edited September 2014 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Despite this being a double header weekend in the eastern CX league (Springfield tomorrow) CCA was again well represented across the age ranges. The previous days rain had softened the course which was again a new configuration. All very rideable though and no spiral of doom this year- replaced by the S bends of doom.

Results to follow.

Comments

• The course was in fact very good. Less like a mountain bike course and more like a traditional CX course. Naturally being on the side of a hill the climb back to the 'S bends of doom' was an exercise in lactic overload - that was very hard.

Some great results in all categories CCA was racing in. It was especially good to see Bryn in the Senior race; he looked really smooth. I know Bryn is not going to be able to get to many, so we need more seniors! We are also not represented in the V50 category. It would be good to have riders in all categories for the Team competition; we are currently second in the league and indeed we came second yesterday.

Top fun. Good luck to those going to Springfield today.

Full results here LINK
  • I echo the comments that the course was hard, and probably even better than previous years thanks to the various updates the organisers made. The tight wooded section mid-way up the climb that made you completely drop your speed was especially tough.

It was slightly strange being the only senior CCA rider but the support from all those that had already raced was a great boost. I was generally really pleased with my race, I feel like I've improved a lot in the time since my last cross race (last season). The only negative to draw on was that I kept on falling off; firstly from taking too much speed into a gravel berm in the hope of passing a group and then when it rained in the last ten minutes of the race my tyre pressures proved to be far too high and I kept losing my wheels on grassy corners.

Is anyone else tempted to give cross a go? Not sure if you're tough enough? There's only one way to find out...the CCA event in Baldock on 4th October is a perfect opportunity.