Welcome to the forum

CCA promoted N&DCA TT - 20/9/14

edited September 2014 in Time Trial
First of all a massive thanks to all who took part and everyone who helped in any way for the success of this event, I will be contacting you all individually in due course.

103 riders turned up with brilliant efforts from all 9 CCA who entered.

The race was won by Simon Norman of Beds road in a time of 20:27.

A fantastic CCA team win (3 to count), beating Beds road by just 6 seconds, with both Justin and Jason also getting in the individual prizes.

Provisional CCA results

3. Justin Layne 21:10
6. Jason Stuart 21:47
=8. Mark Constable 21:49
13. Michael Martin 22:02
=20. Luke Danckert 22:13
=40. Thomas Weir 22:50
54. Steve Jennings 23:23
75. Kevin Stigwood 25:21
=82 Matt Scales 25:47

Full results will be available asap

Matt and Elsie before getting displaced in space and time!

Show time for Steve

Jason about to disappear down Brogborough hill at 40 mph

Comments

• Some great times there.Obviously a fast running course! Well done all riders. Glad you made it MC, didn't look like you signed on by the time I left.

A massive thanks to all the helpers, you did a great job in running the whole event - well organised JMac

Elsie kept up her tradition of setting PB's first time out. Previous 10 pb was 27:21, when I did this course earlier in the year I did a 27:45, so a decent improvement. More to come next year I hope.
  • Richard G........wow what a fantastic day...congratulations to every one and Matt it was very emotional to see Elsie again!!

Didnt she look stunning, PB as well.....James you did such a profressional job. A big thank you to Bill Law.. observer who came down from

Stamford, and Terry Cook from St Ives, Old TT mates who filled in for me. So chuffed we got 1st team.
  • Well done all. Fantastic to be part of the winning club, if not the winning team!

Thank you as usual to anyone who gave up their time to run this, apart from the starter bloke who seemed jealous of my athletic figure in a skinsuit!!

Biggest thanks though to the person who made the banana & walnut cake......genius!!!
  • Well done Team CCA!!!!
  • James and the team....congratulations. What a brilliantly run event. From the early emails and start-sheet to the colour coded results board great cakes and break in the weather JMac ordered.

Must admit my thoughts were with you Richard as we had chatted just the day before.

.....and to take first team too from BRCC was the icing on the Oreo cup cakes I bought four of!
  • edited October 2014
    Thanks guys was a really good event. Looking forward to doing this course again next year!
  • All very impressive!
  • Juuuuuust wondering. Does anyone know where the photos from this event were? I've had a quick scan of the web but cant find them. I know there were a couple of people on the course taking photos I just thought it would be nice to see them.
    Thomas