Welcome to the forum

CCA club hill climb 25th October

edited September 2009 in General
Dont put away your race bikes just yet, oh no. Get the hack saw out, chop bits off the end of your bars, remove the back brake, ditch the saddle, drill some holes here and there. Its almost time for the inaugural CCA hill climb champs.

Will be at 9.30 sunday 25th on Croydon Hill. Will be run under CTT rules, this course has not been used before so a CTT course record is up for grabs!

More details to follow.

Tim.

Comments

• Cant wait. Does it help if I drill holes in my gut?
  • No Sam.......that is just being silly...try an enema if you really wish to shed the wait.....preferably well before the start please.....
  • Its a crash diet for me then to loose all those extra pounds I'm carrying around then ......... he,he, he!!!

Now, if only I could afford Tim's wheels ........

DavidJ
  • you know it makes sense David... its not a deal... its a steal!!!
  • Tim,
    this is great news. Well done for organising it. I hope you and the organisers will be able to race as well. If you need a greater number of timekeepers to make this happen let me or others know.
    We have some good climbers (not many). Must get Alex (who hates racing) to think it is just a training event.
    How many long is the ride to be and where will it start. Croydon hill is a very short climb?
    Need to plan my gear ratio. Wondering if I should remove my pedals for this one.
    regards,

Vincent
  • Vincent,
    i will need another timekeeper but i think ive got it covered, i think there will be a lot of folks out that morning and we might need a marshal or two to "crowd control" there will be people out who dont want to ride it though so staffing shouldnt be a problem.

The race will start at the croydon sign, so a long lead in to the steep bit, plenty of oppurtunity to overdo it before the climb proper!

Ill put up another post next week with more details. probably best leave pedals on.

Tim.
  • Tim,

I'd be happy to do the other timekeeping role if you need me.

Andy
  • Andy,

If you`re sure you dont want to ride i might take you up on that, thanks.

Tim.
  • Tim

I guess will take 30-45 mins for the competition ?
    So probably have a short club run afterwards
    Bring your bikes
    You might be tempted on the day to have a go
    ( I think if I start first would only be 2-3 riders passing if have 1 minute intervals )
    better than the 10, over much quicker !

James
  • Tim,
    just to let you know i rode the hill in anger during my lunch break on Friday. Taking Traherns winter training tactic of riding lunchtimes rather than commuting in the dark and very enjoyable too.

The hill is not as easy as it looks. I will be interested to see if anyone can ride the bottom half fast and hold it to the top.

Anyone planning on the big ring at any stage in the race (53x26 does not count as a big ring option) has my respect. It reminded me of a Vo2 test. Not a bad challenge even though there are no bends in the road. Could be a little slippery half way up the incline tomorrow morning for the out of the saddle honkers like myself.

took about 2.5 minutes from the sign at the bottom to the lay-by on the right at the top. A better end than the first lay-by on the left and around 900m. Might have got the time wrong as I did go extraterrestrial for a moment at the top.

Bring on the racing balm

Vincent