Welcome to the forum

##For Sale## SRAM S40 Carbon wheel set!!

edited September 2009 in General
Due to the delights of our economic climate I am forced to sell some of my prized possessions :-(

First up are my much loved SRAM S40’s, I bought these in July of this year and have used them all of four times!! They are a fantastic wheel and I am gutted that I am forced to sell them. Before I slap them on eBay I thought I’d offer them to members first. The RRP is £1,100 and are currently on Wiggle for £989.98 but I am offering them for a mere £700!! I know, I’m just too kind. Below is the article from roadcyclinguk.com on SRAM's new wheels & also the blurb from wiggle. And yes, SRAM really do own ZIPP now!

SRAM wheels launched
By David Arthur

About a year ago SRAM bought high-end wheel maker Zipp. Before that purchase, the obvious gap in SRAM's growing empire was the wheelset, but that has now been filled with the launch of a range of three models. SRAM whipped the covers off them at Eurobike a while back.
Borrowing much of the technology found in Zipp's Flashpoint wheels, SRAM will offer a range of three wheelsets, labelled S40, S60 and S80, with rim depths of 40mm, 60mm and 80mm respectively. The carbon and aluminium rims are clincher only, with cartridge bearings and 6-pawl freehub and, for the S40's (with 18/20 spokes), an all-up weight of 1,615g.
It might seem an odd choice for SRAM to launch its own wheels, but it seems it wants these offerings to occupy the mid-end of the market, leaving Zipp free to be the parent company's top-end wheels producer.

And from Wiggle:

Top Features of the SRAM S40 Clincher Rear Wheel
Structural woven carbon rim ensures strength and durability
Aluminum braking surface enables strong, smooth stopping
SAPIM spokes with alloy nipples18F/20R
Vibration damping comfort
Same toroidal aerodynamic rim shape used by the most
aerodynamic wheels
Anodized hubs with quick-release levers, compatible with
SRAM and Shimano
Hand-built
Weight: 890g
Max Rider Weight: 90kg
Climb, accelerate, and sprint with the best of them. Whether using S40s for a local group ride, criterium, or circuit race, you’ll have an easier time smashing personal best over and over again.
Welcome to the new SRAM S-Series of road wheels. With carbon construction, aero efficient design, and competition-proven details in an affordable package you’ll be sure to find the wheel that’s ideal for you. Each wheel includes stainless steel quick release, aluminium valve extension, & high performance rim band.

First come first served :-)