Welcome to the forum

## FOR SALE ## Cerv

edited September 2009 in General
As per wheel set blogg, Mr Brown's budding economy is forcing me to part with my beautiful Cervelo R3!!! I shouldn't have to say too much about this frame as the write ups & reviews say it all. Needless to say though it is an amazing frame, is in mint condition & sports the '3T Funda forks'. Here’s what Bike radar had to say about it:

By Guy Kesteven
If Cervelo's R3 can win the world’s toughest road race – the legendary cobble-infested Paris-Roubaix – not once but twice when it has only been around for two years, then it must be pretty special. When that same bike wins mountain stages in the Tour de France as well, it’s clearly in a class of its own.

Frame: unconventionally designed to be uncommonly stiff
Canadian manufacturer Cervelo has never followed convention, and it has taken a unique ‘load led’ approach to the R3 design. The squared-off Squoval main tubes and chainstays are basically so stiff that the seatstays don’t need to add any vertical strength, just torsional stiffness. Cue totally flat leaf spring rear stays for long-haul comfort. The front of the frame is reinforced with feathered carbon and Kevlar against head tube impacts, too.

Ride: super-comfy despite pavé-proof build
It’s the minimal weight that’s the most overwhelming first impression to most people. Children can lift this bike with one finger, and it really does have a flattening effect on hills. Having ridden lighter über bikes, the R3’s unique mix of stiffness, strength, comfort and minimal mass makes it one of most outstanding bikes we’ve ever ridden, and a must-have for this test. As well as being tough enough to tackle cobbles head-on, and do some proper ‘don’t be stupid enough to try this at home’ trail sections during testing, it still manages to stay surprisingly comfortable in the rough or after eight hours on the road.

There’s enough room in the frame for up to 28c tyres too, for extra cushioning. Having ridden lightweight road bikes so flexy that they refuse to go straight and feel like your pedals are curving under the bottom bracket every stroke, the laser-accurate, rock-solid drive and steering stiffness of the R3 is gobsmacking. You won’t believe how fast you can kick this bike up any hill in any gear, even at the end of the longest day.

Wrap the whole package together and you’ve got a supple frame that still retains stunning drive stiffness for stratospheric acceleration, but won’t fracture at the first sign of a Sustrans trail. Before Cervelo goes ballistic with us, don’t treat this as a cyclo-cross bike, slam it into potholes or take it to Glentress. It might be tough among its peers, but it’s still a 15lb road bike, okay?

Summary
The best road bike we’ve ever ridden (and we’ve ridden plenty), but still tough enough to survive cycle path and back-lane action when normal Tarmac seems too tame. It’s not versatile in a cyclo-cross/commuting/touring sort of way, but the R3 is almost certainly the ultimate mountain biker’s road bike for those who can afford it.

So:
The RRP for the Cervélo R3 is £2,199.00, as always there are deals to be had out there but not as good as £1,300!! if you need a reference on this frame set, aside from me of course, ask Tim D (who has the identical frame design) or Carmelo who I believe has the white version.

Who said our PM was a tw@t, look at all these deals he’s forcing out into the market place!! Grrrrrr!

it will be going on eBay if there is no interest with the above price as reserve.

cheers

a very sad Tim :-(

Comments

• PS - I am happy to discuss the above as a complete bike with full Dura Ace 7800 & SRAM S40 wheels, give me a call to discuss or drop me an email - 07976 628299 or tim@ccashwell.com
  • I have a Cervelo R3 SL with Dura Ace in the garage
    A bargain at £200 for anyone by the name of Tim
    Any takers ?
  • i'l take it :-)

be round in the morning!
  • As there were no takers for the frame, the complete bike is now on eBay with pictures. i will of course give club members first refusal and remove from ebay immediately if necessary.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CERVELO-R3-Carbon-road-cycle-bike_W0QQitemZ290356439212QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Bikes_GL?hash=item439a97a8ac&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
  • Tim do you still have your black Fulcrum Race 1 wheels and if yes are these on the "For Sale" list?
  • wots you number, i'll call you.
  • Doh! or call me 07976 628299 :-)