Welcome to the forum

Sunday 5th October 0900hrs club ride

edited October 2014 in Club runs
I'll be taking the 0900hrs club run tomorrow, 15-17mph no one left behind. My planned route is Ashwell, Langford, Broom, Old Warden, Cardington, Moggerhanger, Tempsford, Potton, Ashwell - 38 miles. Loops can be added to make it a little longer should people want it.

Hope to see you there.

Luke

Comments

• I'll come along for a spin mate, prob do a bit extra after.
  • edited October 2014
    If you want to add on a bit extra, you could head on down to Sharpenhoe Clappers to support JP, Justin, Tim and me at the IC Hill Climb ... and ride back with us to Tuns after
    (Our start times: JW 10:38 JL 10:54 JP 10:59 TF 11:05)
  • Yes... late Footie kick off so I can make it
  • Yippee doo
    Can't remember much about the profile of Sharpenhoe, but I'd better look it up ... on a mission to at least match Will's winter bike time of 3 mins. Oh la la
  • Don't get out of the saddle till you turn the slight corner at the bottom and leave a bit for the seated sprint on the drops when you go past the carpark on the left. The finish line is where the sharpenhoe sign is, a little further than I thought it was last year, so don't make that mistake! You'll smash it, you're better at hills than me!
  • Please note guys.......this is a basic club ride....17mph is too fast and will put off some who would like to do the ride.......Most of you are fast riders and will put the pace up. Luke...you volunteered to take the base club ride so please ALL enjoy a nice slow club ride so others less fit can also enjoy it rather than chewing the stem.
    have fun.
  • Geoff, dont worry. Luke knows what hes doing. 15 -17 as laid out above will be fine and no one will get dropped.
    Averages depend very much on route and conditions. Last week in lovely weather and a flatish route we did 17.0 and young Daniel Green was perfectly comfortable.
    We're in safe hands!
  • cool Tim.....have a good one.
  • Yeah, as Tim says it will be a steady club run in line with the sticky post. I keep any hard training away from club runs.

A dry morning with a light wind so it should be a great ride.
  • thanks Luke.
  • 10 of us out for the club run on a slightly different reverse two bridges route. Once it warmed up it turned into a lovely morning. Great company as always and some strong riding from the youngsters Rebecca and Daniel!

Stats were 21mph for 60 miles....... Only joking, a good 16.0mph for 38 miles as stated. Hope you all enjoyed it.
  • There was a good group for the faster ride too, including my extra bit to and from Royston it was 65 miles at 18.6.

Looking forward to the hill climb next week!
  • Tom C, Myself, Luke, Neil, Tom T, Carmelo and all the other racers are going to bully you till you start racing. You'll be great at it and I think you'd enjoy it too!
  • Thanks Luke for a different take and the two bridges ride. Was indeed a bit chilly but Everton hill warmed us all up nicely. Also enjoyed not having to think about directions for a change !

Thanks all for a good morning!
  • Thanks to Luke and Pete Green for pacing us all the way round - nice change to ride the 2 bridge route the other way round.

Is it really not a sprint if you stay in the saddle??
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/04/race-report/wiggins-wins-tour-de-romandie-stage-1-sprint_215201
  • never saw Sir Chris Hoy or Victoria Pendleton get out of the saddle to win the sprint on the track and they were the best in the world at sprinting Jamie.