Welcome to the forum

Welwyn Eastern League CX

edited October 2014 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Message on the Eastern league site is that the 40-49 race is now full. Guessing its location has something to do with that? Plenty of places at Davey Down the following week. Graffam entries not open yet but would think that may fill quickly like Welwyn.

Stuart

Comments

• Stuart thanks for the news. I was planning on riding but as ever didn't get round to booking a place. Cheers for saving me a wasted journey
  • Vince you should have been there. It was hot and hilly....and quite hard. We had a great battle in the vets, all very close between us (and Dave H) .

Ill put up the results later.
  • Results below. Well done to all. The under 10 boys were fantastic, 3 of the top 4! Also great to see Katie going so well in her first cross race. For my part i had a great battle with Dave ( Jo's dad) who just got the better of me on the climb. Great fun.

Good luck to John, Harley, Travis, Jackie and Noah at the Nationals tomorrow.

U10

1 Jo Hadsley
    3 Mark Lightfoot
    4 Sam Quiggin

U12

5 James Fraser
    6 Archie Foulkes
    13 Sam Daniels
    14 Nathan Hardy

Youth

20 Adam Lightfoot
    27 Harley Pell
    50 Katie Alerton

Vets 40-49

14 John Polak
    29 Richard Law
    41 Tim Duckett
    44 Daniel Doncaster
    45 Pete Daniels
    57 Richard Lawrence
    66 Michael Parker
  • Stanborough Park is a great venue for a cyclocross race and Welwyn put on an excellent event. This year the course went ‘the other way round’. Still great, but I think it is better in the ‘original’ direction. Very clever placing of the style, there was a tight turn just before leaving enough for maybe one pedal rotation, but definitely not two, caught me out a couple of times.

Thanks to Katie for her tips on the killer descent; this gave me the confidence to approach this with more courage on the crucial sighting laps than I would have normally done.

I’m loving this season! The battles being fought are heartfelt, good natured and deadly serious!

We missed Jackie, Stuart, Noah and Felix; but understand you are in another field this weekend. Good luck to you tomorrow in Shrewsbury together with John, Travis and Harley. May the mud be gentle!

Special thanks to the commisaire duo of Stevie and Mark; meant you couldn’t ride, so thank you for giving that up to make the event possible.

Daniel
  • Well done to everyone who raced. The vets was a fast and furious race and unseasonably warm.

Daniel, those barriers caught me out every time, I never quite mastered them. I enjoyed my battle with Tim, it was a course of two halves with Tim getting the better of me on one half and vice versa on the other.
  • edited October 2014
    Well done to all of you. Sorry not to be there. Kudos to Harley and John who are racing today. There was rain here yesterday so the course at Shrewsbury is starting to cut up but the forecast is good. Jackie and Noah both found it a bit easier than last year. Hopefully fewer pit stops and less cleaning for me. Full report later.