Welcome to the forum

National Trophy Round 1

First round of the National Trophy series took place in Shrewsbury last Sunday. Good turn out from CCA, we had riders in U14, U16, Vet Women and Vet 40-49 Men categories. Quite a participation from a small club from the other side of the country.

Shrewsbury is famous for it's mud, and despite being earlier in the season than usual, it did not disappoint. Sunday morning started cold, foggy and very damp, with lots of moisture on the course. In the course of the morning the sun came out, and it turned into a warm and sunny day. The upshot was a big change in ground conditions over the course of the day, which started out wet but quite grippy, then got all torn up and became very slippery, and then started to dry out and became grippy again, although differently and in different places, depending on trees and shade. One of the results was a significant advantage for riders from the NW of the country who have had a month of racing in these condition to get used to it, while we from the SE have been riding on bone dry courses up until now. Fortunately it now looks like we'll have opportunity to catch up ;)

I will let others speak for their races, in mine I managed to hit the deck hard three times in the course of the opening lap (too slow to adjust to the changing conditions, as the course rode well in practice) which put paid to any chances of a good result. A good race nonetheless, and a steady climb trough positions to provide some confidence building in the second half of the race. Southampton for round 2 in two weeks time, so hopefully an opportunity for improvement.

Results:

U14 Girls
Harley Pell 14th

U16 Boys
Travis Pell 40th
Noah Field 42nd

Vet Women
Jackie Field 10th

Vet 40-49 Men
John Polak 42nd

Comments