Welcome to the forum

New chapter

edited October 2014 in General
Well last Sunday was my last open TT riding for CCA for a little while. A few months ago I got asked to ride for RST Sport Time Trial team and after much thought and great advice (thanks guys) I'm going to make the leap.

I wasn't sure if I should put anything on the forum but just wanted my reason for the decisions to be out there.

The decision was made so tough as I love being part of CCA, the direction it's going, the individuals that make the club tick and the friends I have made through the club. In the end the decision was based on Dr Xavier Disley who runs the UK arm of RST and his huge database of knowledge particularly in aerodynamics and cycling physiology. In short it's likely the move to RST will make me a faster rider.

Obviously I'll stay 2nd claim with CCA and that makes the decision slightly easier as some things will stay the same.

I still feel I will be an Ashwell man, just that I'll ride open TT's for a team and hope others will feel that way too.

Comments

• all the best Justin...you'll always be a CCA man wherever you go...hope it works for you and keep on improving. sure the guys will miss you.
  • Justin, that is a great oppurtunity for you. You have had a fantastic season and have always been a great ambassador for CCA. All the very best to you and im sure you will get even faster with RST.
    Glad that you will stay 2nd claim as it means you can score us loads of points in the interclubs ;)
    Keep in touch!
  • Great opportunity Justin and well deserved after an outstanding season. Good luck with the new project, I'm sure you'll continue to smash it!
  • Congratulations Justin. Please come back and ride the IC Hill Climb again too!
  • Congrats mate, it's the right direction to go for sure. Glad you're keeping it real with the second claim too. 2015 is going to be massive!
  • That's great news Justin! Sad to be losing a fast boy but glad you'll still be 2nd claim. It's definitely the right step for you, you'll be an 18 minute man before you know it!
  • Well things have just got interesting here..... :)
  • More news Chris??
  • Thanks for all your kind words guys. Again showing what the club is all about :-)

Chris is cryptically alluding to a couple of things there: Firstly I did't get very far in leaving CCA. Well I did move to RST for the reasons I gave above but will be back with CCA for next season. (CTT rules mean you can only change team once in each calendar year for a given discipline).

This is all pretty recent. I had a long chat with Xavier Disley yesterday evening. It's not fair to Xav and his team for me to go into details but it was all left on really good terms and he'll still be having input into my cycling which was one of the driving forces for joining RST. So for me a win win. I get to stay with CCA but get contact with one of the best in the business.

There are more 'wins' though....I believe Mr C Pearce is coming back home to CCA. Having seen that Ashwell is THE club in the area he's obviously making the right decision!

Lastly there is one more mystery tester looking to join CCA, if he hasn't already.

I wrote above - "I love being part of CCA, the direction it's going, the individuals that make the club tick and the friends I have made through the club." - this looks to be the case in the future more than ever!
  • Yes I have just posted my form to David... I hope it gets accepted!
  • Cheers Justin, yes I'm back to full claim from now and beyond :)

Genuinely very excited about being back with CCA, Justin being back full time with the team, David W joining the team, and also joining everyone else at CCA again.

Our intention is to target team wins at Open events, win medals at National Championships, and get CCA on the map nationally in the TT scene.

Considering all the riders we have who do compete in TT's, and including the roadies who occasionally do, we have a very formidable line-up next year.

ps. i will transfer the extra fiver for 1st claim payment
  • Brilliant. RST will be coming to us for advice this season then...
  • Such effusive praise guys. It's what we always intended the club to be. Really glad you are all returning and with new member to boost CCA TT. It's the members who set the benchmark for how the club is perceived and you all do the club proud. I wish all you racers success this coming season.
  • Wow, this is great. Great to have you back chaps and welcome to David!

Im hoping to have a bit more good news for the testers soon, ill keep you posted!
  • So do I, with regards to skinsuits... Watch this space.
  • GREAT!
    ...come on Nigel ...your turn!
  • Tim, Will, spill the beans !?!?

Will, are these Endura WT suits, or different?
  • Can Davie confirm I'm an official member now?!