Welcome to the forum

Tues Night Letchworth Greenway 21st Oct - hurricane Gonzalo weather warning

Undecided if I will be out tomorrow. Don't mind the wet but 55mph gusts of wind may be a bit much.

Will see how the day pans out but may be an Sufferfest evening!

JRVM

Comments

• Jamie,if you still want to get out but avoid the tree lined greenway,how about doing the following loop -
    Letchworth,Graveley,Halls Green,Rushden,Wallington,Letchworth.

Could still meet and and finish at the pub, but a little longer to get round (1hr 20ish) however considerably
    less bike polishing when you get home.

Is Shelton doing it on his trike ? Could be tricky through the narrow barriers and gates....!

Let me know if your out by 6pm ish
  • Toughen up princess, at least come up with a decent excuse. My lights are on charge, are you in Hadsley or are you going to wimp out as well!?
  • I'm in, I've been cutting down trees all day in this wind and survived so I'm feeling lucky.
  • I got hurricane Gonzalowed early this morning commuting in London.....

......Never seen such rain...made for a very interesting section of the Paris Roubaix sunken bricks or 'cobbles' of Monmouth St in Seven Dials...

.....kit has just about dried out now...blue skies outside.....meet you at the Hitchin entrance to the Greenway on Kingswood Drive around 8pm!

FD
  • Good to see your braving it, see you at the boozer 7.45pm

Hopefully no fallen trees to bunny hop over !
  • have a good one all!

I've just got a new cassette on my new "turbo wheel" (old wheel) so I can finally use my turbo, so I'm gonna give that a go instead!

enjoy the mud
  • Not tonight for me - turbo it is....
    You should be set for some records on the Hitchin Letchworth gate sectors. Tail wind all the way

Enjoy

J
  • FDFD
    edited October 2014
    London Brompton prologue complete
    Now to get home, change kit and bike for the mudfest
    Belgian toothpaste here we come!

FD
  • Sorry I'm whimping out ???? only just arrived home.Hopefully nx week. I might try Pauls route one evening.
  • FDFD
    edited October 2014
    Er, wimp for me also. Just got another soaking as I got off the train for home...after the Flying Dutchwoman tells me it's been pretty dry in Hitchin all day! Rain bouncing off the window as I peel the soggy layers off....don't think I can take a third drenching today.....turbo time!

FD
  • After a brief discussion in the car park as to whose fault it was that Shelton didn't bring a pump (mine apparently), whose fault it was that the pump I did bring didn't work with his valves (mine again) and a trip to the neutral service house (thanks Jamie) we finally got a lap in.

Clockwise lap this week for the four hardy souls.The harder way round, all the fun descents taken out and replaced with uphill slogs. Moving time of 1:06, blown round for half a lap and pushing in to the wind for the second half.Three quarters Pell-oton.
  • Who told Shelton to buy feckin latex tubes! a bloke that buys such components, Ultegra to put on a cross bike, it's like having decent CD's and a naff sound system to play them on. So hadsley buy a decent pump for me to borrow :-)

Shelton
  • Dave, Jamie, any other off-roaders out there...

....thinking of one lap around the greenway this evening if anyone else interested?

Joining Hitchin entrance to the Greenway (at the bottom of Kingswood Avenue) at 7.30pm

John
  • John

Jamie does his coaching tonight and it's parents evening for us. Could have done with a ride too..

Have fun.
  • Cheers Dave

The flying Dutchwoman is a teacher in Hitchin and is on parents evening duties tonight!

John
  • Solo lap in 1.02.05hrs. Windy but dry conditions. Sky well it up by what looked like Stevenage on fire!

Plenty of sprint intervals to keep up the heart rate - just imagined that Dave and Nat were on the front and I was chasing the blinking red lights!

Out next Tuesday, hopefully.

John