Welcome to the forum

Sunday 20th Club Run

edited September 2009 in General
6 set off and 6 happy souls returned
40 miles at 17mph
Included a early training run on Croydon Hill
followed by a warm down on Barrington
The speed up hill was stunning - watch out you nasty boys !
A tractor was the excuse used on the sprint
( some distant voice shouting something about farmers)
Coffee in the sunshine was great

Belgium arm bands had cheers going all around the route
Easy mistake to make really :-)

See you next week

Comments

• edited September 2009
    10 out in medium fast, led by Carmelo. Arm warmers? We were fools! Glorious weather - light breeze - we whipped through to Southill, Cardington, Great Barford and on to Grafham Water. Stopped off for a coffee [£1.20] and Carmelo suggested halfway breaks might be a good idea in the upcoming months to do to warm up. Particularly as there's no meet up at the end [one to chat about on Monthly social - Rose & Crown negotiation?].

A racey return in single file through the Gransdens and down Croydon Hill. Flat out from Shingay - impressive averages as I cowered in the pack. 68 miles, 19.6mph - I can't recall a higher average this year. Here's to more weather like this in Autumn. Got back 12.45pm.
  • Good rides by the sounds of it...Richard and I joined the Saturday group which split into 2 a slower shorter and our ride. There are some very capable riders who cannot all make Sunday. We had fun and put the average up to over 17 even with all the waiting over the hills.Richard and I brought 4 or 5 in down Northfields 4 miles at 22mph av. All were delighted and some may now come on a Sunday club or medium ride. they are a really fun group to ride with and if you can't do Sunday I recommend the ride to anyone. I did a 17 mile warm up loop prior and Richard and I added a 15 mile loop on the end to up the mileage.

Martin.check back but I recall a 62 miler at over 20mph........the riding is certainly hotting up.......fun all round it seems