Welcome to the forum

Grafham Cx

edited November 2014 in Cyclocross/Offroad
no results out yet, i will post when they are, and not sure how everyone got on. What i do know is that it was very slippery, lots of people crashed, lots of people broke bikes and Jackie won!!!

more later.

Comments

• Brilliant result today Jackie! Well deserved!
  • edited November 2014
    A couple of pics of race winner Jackie!

• edited November 2014
    And super cx vet J Mac!

• Brilliant - well done Jackie!!
  • It was great fun today, a really good course. Pretty slippery in places but it must have dried up a lot for the senior race as there didn't seem to be too many crashes, at least not that i could see from the back of the pack.
  • Under 16's - Travis Pell had a superb 6th place, Noah Field a close 11th, Gareth Lewis wasn't that much further behind.
    Under 14's - Adam Lightfoot had a really respectable 7th, Felix Field was in the bunch, sorry, cannot remember his place. Sophie Lewis was pipped into 3rd (girls) place in the last 200m.
    Under 12's - James, Archie, Freddy and Nathan all had really good placings and were all in the top 12
    Under 10's - Joseph H had a great result and came 2nd, closely followed by Mark L in 3rd (2 seconds apart!). Evan wasn't far behind either.

Sorry if I've made any mistakes, my memory isn't the best!

Really well done Jackie - a fantastic and well deserved 100 points.
  • Proper CX conditions today. Very squirmy in places and an hour and half of cleaning kit when we got back. Another good turn out for CCA today. I have some pics which I will email out direct.

Stuart
  • The Under 12 race was a little more technical than usual :)

• Results below. i haven't separated out all the age groups within each race. Hope i haven't missed anyone.

It was indeed rather technical and there were loads of crashes in our race. I found it very slimy and difficult to ride. Dave Hadsley ripped off his rear mech while warming up and so didn't get to start. Daniel came past me with a lap to go and was pulling away until i rounded a corner to find him emerging from a bush. Rear mech ripped off and had to run round to the pits to get a bike change.
    All good muddy fun!

U10

2 Jo Hadsley
    3 Mark Lightfoot
    5 Evan Foulkes

U12

5 James Fraser
    8 Freddie Cooke
    9 Archie Foulkes
    12 Nathan Hardy

Youth

5 Travis Pell
    11 Noah Field
    17 Gareth Lewis
    25 Adam Lightfoot
    46 Sophie Lewis
    57 Felix Field

Women

1 Jackie Field

Vets 50+

20 James McKenzie

Vet 40-49

27 Mark Wyer
    28 Richard Law
    35 Stuart Field
    48 Tim Duckett
    62 Daniel Doncaster
    66 Michael Parker

Seniors

22 John Polak
    45 Tom Charlesworth
  • That's a great pic Mark. I'd laugh but I did something very similar at that point, involving foot in front wheel, rear wheel dropping out of drop-outs (is that why they're called that?) and riding next 6 laps with crazy wobbly front wheel and lots of brake rub. All good fun, as Tim says :0)
  • and there was me thinking my failure to unclip left foot and subsequent knee-slide though the stream had (probably quite litterally) broken new ground
  • You are all MAD! And I mean that in the nicest possible way

Long may it continue
  • Great Pic Mark

John. So putting ones foot in the front wheel not so hard to do. Your landing was obviously softer than mine in north Wales.
  • My meteoric cx rise continues, from the 78th percentile up to the lofty heights of the 77th!