Welcome to the forum

Tues Night Letchworth Greenway 4th Nov @ 19:45 Two Chimneys Pub

Back by poplar demand after a break for a couple of weeks is the Letchworth greenway offroad mega lap - well actually I want to get out for ride - and having had 2 weeks off the bike I could either be hanging or flying - either way no-one gets left behind.

Weather tomorrow night is a cool dry 7 degrees ideal for some lung busting fun. We may see some fireworks, or it could just be the dull glow of burning cars from nearby Stevenage
Usual drill, bright lights, not so warm clothes except gloves (you'll warm up pretty quickly once we get going) and a pint at the end

Rumour has it that Hadsley has broke his bike - I say he should ride single speed to give us all a chance...
Will the Pell-eton be in full force this week? - I hear Shelt's has been building a 4up family tandem cross trike with a go faster shopping basket attachment especially

Post if you plan to come along - PM me if you want my mobile contact details

Lets have some fun in the erm-dark...

See you tomorrow

Jamie

Comments

• Just noticed this clashes with the club night - D'oh

Depending on who plans to ride we could either start slightly earlier to get to the puncture master class at 9pm or divert the ride via Ashwell.

Preferences in a post pls?

J
  • The rumours are true! One broke mech hanger meant a good three hours rebuilding the old frame this evening ready for tomorrow.

I don't mind earlier. Not too sure about a diversion, had enough of that on the way back from Grafham, two hours on the A1. It would be pretty tricky navigating a new off road route in the dark unless someone knows one really well.

Dave
  • FDFD
    edited November 2014
    I can get back from London a little earlier, say meet you at the Hitchin entrance on Kingswood Drive at 7pm, but don't let that stop you going before then.

Let me know what you decide, so I can think up an excuse for leaving the office early.

Getting back from Ashwell off road afterwards would be more of an issue IMHO!

Starving Dutchman
  • Any decision on time yet. I've got a mate who wants to come along so would be good if I could let him know what time to meet.
  • What time are you out Dave, if Jamie is learning how to fix a puncture?

John
  • Hi guys,

After the early start promises the earliest I can make is now 7:15...

Sorry

J
  • That suits me. John, I'll be driving up to the Two Chimneys for 7.15 start. You can chuck your bike in the back of my truck if you want to stop for a pint or meet us up there. No 2 laps for me today though.
  • Suits me as well.

Thanks for the offer Dave, but I'm off the grog at the moment, so will meet you at the Chimneys for 7.15pm.

Don't wait for me though, in case delayed by (Not so) Great Northern Trains.....

John
  • Pell gang are out this evening, I have to many bikes to work through and I deserve a well earn't pint down the tuns. Will def be back next week ;-)

Shelton
  • Would love to get away from my monitor for a bit but I forgot to charge light, been focused on trisports new website!
  • Just had a thorough soaking on the Brompton Prologue across London.

....I'm not sure I'm up for a mudfest now...

....Don't wait for me!

Soaking Dutchman
  • 7:45 start now after all. Bloomin trains....

Come one Dutchy, it's warm in lovely Letchworth!
  • 4 out tonight (3 to start with and FD joining us like a glowing UFO at Letchworth gate) - good ride at human pace - 57m moving time with just over an hour incl stops. Felt OK despite nearly 3 weeks off the bike.

Sorry I didn't get much chance to chat John, need to catch up about the Paleo stuff. Have also been reading the Chimp Paradox by Steve Peters.
    Thinking that if i put the 2 together then what do you get???

CAPTAIN CAVEMAN...

Captain Caveman

Too tired, delirious, need sleep. Until next time

Over & out

Q
  • FDFD
    edited November 2014
    Good fun, thanks Jamie, Dave and Pete

Will teach me to check the forum for any last minute changes, but I was in a rush from London!

I got to the Chimneys at 7.19, assumed I'd missed you, gambled that you'd headed anti-clockwise and drove to Kingswood Avenue in Hitchin. Got my bike out and waited around for a bit, no sign of you, then thought you must have gone clockwise....so I headed off to meet you half way. Got to the cut through behind Knights Templar...still no sign, so decided to head back....and there you were at Letchworth Gate!

After going all the way around again I clocked 1hr 25mins of good cardio work, but was so hungry for my dinner that I had to turn down the offer of a pint!

If you want to catch up on the Paleo, whisper me and I'll give you a summary of my brief experience so far. All I'd say here is don't restrict the carbs too much at the start, if you continue to exercise...I found it very hard, but it's not quite so bad now after a couple of weeks. Managed 4 rides in the last 5 days and can feel the improvement. Get that Chimp off your back!

Until the next night time adventure!

FD