Welcome to the forum

central cx league at luton

edited November 2014 in Road Racing
Today, CCA went to the 6th round of the central cx league at luton. The course was flat as it was at a school. But to make up for the lack of hills the organisers made the course extremely tight and technical even for the u-10's/12's. On the adults course there was a spiral of doom, I measured it as 500m.
I am not entirely sure on the results though, but I do know that Joseph was 3rd in the
u-10s and I was 3rd in the u-12s. Samuel may have been 5th.
Will put full results when known.
Nathan

Comments

• Very well done Nathan, a great result.

The most unbelievably flat course ever. Those people who use Strava in races recorded a lap as having 14 feet of elevation in a 1.6 mile lap. As there were three sets of barriers I can only assume that was from lifting the bike over them. Made a change from Revolution cross the week before.
  • edited November 2014
    Really good result Nathan.

I took part in the novice race. First novice race I've seen with guys riding £4k carbon cross bikes - they shot off into the distance after the first 2 corners never to be seen again!
    Having now experienced cross for the first time since I was 14 years old I can say that whilst doing it I was wondering what the heck I was doing, looking back now it seemed like fun. Need to practice my cornering and dismount / mounting technique. Until next time...

JRVM

Have a look at this to see the mega spiral of doom!

Click Here
  • Well done Jo, Nathan and Sam and any other CCA. Didnt realise you were going to be riding these Jamie, good on yer, hope you arent still dizzy from the spiral!
  • Neither did I Tim, until last night when I tried to wimp out and was told by Mrs Q that I wouldn't let Samuel get away with that sort of behaviour!
  • Here's an update with the results

U8 Boys
    3rd Joseph Hadsley
    5th Samuel Quiggan
    9th Ethan Storti

(Also Archie Bracewell 7th)

U10 Boys
    3rd Nathan Hardy

U14 Girls
    2nd Sophie Lewis (although incorrectly showing as 4th on the website)

Novice
    16th Jamie Quiggan

I'm even having a go this week at Harlington following Jamie in the novice race!

Scott.