Welcome to the forum

Hempton CX

edited November 2014 in Cyclocross/Offroad
No results yet. Will post when they are out. A great course, one of the best on a truly grim day. Very muddy but much excitement with huge bomb holes, lots of woods and mud and a sort of roller coaster section with a big gravel trap at the start. A few mishaps here and there, Daniel punctured, Mark rolled a tub, Pete broke his best bike warming up and Jackie was having a spot of bother with hypothermia!

Didn't get any action pics as it was a bit too weathery to get the camera out. Got a couple of aftermath pics

Comments

• Proper CX legs!
  • A relaxing post race coffee, standing round a bucket of slop in the rain
    Thanks Daniel!
  • V impressed with the saucers. How very civilised you CX-ers are!
  • We like to maintain standards...
  • The saucers might be civilised, but the La Vie Claire cups are something else again! Nice to see that sometimes, just sometimes, driving all the way up to Durham can get you better weather than staying local :)
  • Is anyone else going to the Norwich round on the 30th November?

It's a long way and clashes with the National Trophy at MK but I'm considering it to get my counting number of events. Should be good points available too.

Does anyone want to car share?

Mark.
  • Great turn out from CCA at Hempton considering the distance. A reduced field today which meant better points for all.

Proper CX conditions for the adult races. (did not really have any cleaning to do on Felix's bike)

The results

Vet Men 40 - 49
    15 Richard Law
    23 Tim Duckett
    24 Stuart Field
    27 Mark Wyer
    30 Pete Daniels
    33 Shelton Pell
    34 Daniel Doncaster
    45 Richard Lawrence

Women
    3rd Jackie Field

Youth
    4 Noah Field
    5 Travis Pell
    12 Adam Lightfoot
    24 Felix Field

U14 Girl
    1st Harley Pell

U12
    2 Archie Foulkes
    3 Sam Daniels (first Podium I think)

U10
    1 Mark lightfoot
  • Thanks for posting the results Stuart, was just about to do that. still trying to get grit out of the disc brakes!
  • Oh and thanks to great rides by the youth and U12/10's CCA won the round!

Heres the table so far, looking good for second
  • glad you got that one in John. Durham was better than south. Should have dropped in coming all that way. Great results CCA, only a few points behind Welwyn I see. :-)
  • Spoke to two riders after the mens race who had no brakes at all by the end with all the mud and grit. Most of our clothing has just been through was for a second time as the mud got everywhere
  • Just saw this Geoff, thanks for the invite, I was so absorbed in my prep I hadn't even twigged you were near there. Next year!