Welcome to the forum

Eastern X League part 2 Ipswich X

edited November 2014 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Another double header weekend. New venue for the league I think but a course that has been used for regionals at the Suffolk County showground at Trinity Park in Ipswich.

Kudos to all those that rode. It was just plain nasty. The condition of the course deteriorated as the day went on as demonstrated by the increasing lap times. (Travis and Noah are riding well but their lap times were better than Sean Dunlea's who stormed the senior race in the afternoon)

Miserable and cold in the pits where I witnessed a few rolled tubs and smashed mechs.

The results
Vet 40-49

6 John Polak
36 Mark Wyer
41 Daniel Doncaster
54 Richard Lawrence

Ladies

3 Jackie Field

Youth

5 Travis Pell
8 Noah Field
14 Adam Lightfoot
17 Gareth Lewis
25 Felix Field

U12

No under 12's racing today

U10

1st Mark Lightfoot

Comments

• Really tough conditions today; wet, cold, slippy and very technical. That being said it was hugely enjoyable. (As was yesterday at Redgrave)

Getting off the grass car park was also a challenge and I feel bad as I may have got more than a speck of mud on the kind soles who helped push me out.
  • Good day out, proper cross at last.

A word of caution though, should you be out and about and come across a large blue race support vehicle stuck in a muddy field, do not be tempted to help by pushing, as this will happen:

The Doncaster Mud Bath.
  • looks like a CCA jersey is amongst the lost property left in the mud of Ipswich

Ipswich lost property
  • Thanks Simon

Looks like it is Jackie's.

That picture looks too sunny. Not my memory of the day!!