Welcome to the forum

Harlington cross - Central League

edited November 2014 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Bed Road CC organised the latest round in the Central league at a very wet and slippery Harlington Upper school. Great practice of slippery sweeping off cambers for the MK bound riders next week.

Several CCA youth riders tackled the course and the horrible conditions. The U10s and U12s course was shortened from last year but still provided an increasingly slippery descent and leg sapping climb. Full results usually take a while to appear but Joseph Hadsley raced to second place in a three way battle with two Team MK riders in the Under 10s and Ethan Storti rode really well for I think 6th. Nathan Hardy rode in the Under 12s but I didn't see much of that race as I was busy thawing out Joseph.

Harley Pell and Sophie Lewis rode in the U14 girls category on the full course. I'm not sure of Sophie's result but Harley won her race in a very close battle with a Welwyn rider.

Scott Storti raced in the same race in the Novice category and lead the race into the first corner and held on to finish second.

Apologies if I've missed anyone out. Full results to follow.

Comments

• Harley had a fantastic, but hard race to hold off Millie Gage, winning the youth girls (under 16 and under 14). Sophie came 4th overall but 2nd to Harley in the under 14 girls. The course was wet, very muddy and very technical albeit with no hurdles to leap over. There were lots of short, hard climbs with a serpentine route across the side of the hill which was challenging in the wet.
    Sophie did really well for what was only her 6th CX race! She managed to beat the girls normally ahead of her but could not match Harley. A great race to have though in the lead up to MK.
  • edited November 2014
    Nathan came 5th in this weekends Under 12 race.
    The weather didn't seem to have a great effect on the size of the field with most of the usaual faces present on the start line. With only 50m from the start to the first 180 corner Nathan made a good start to come out of the turn in 3rd place. By the end of the first twisty lap the final order had mainly been decided, and it wasn't long before the short lap meant it became difficult to keep track of placings as riders began to get lapped.
    15 minutes was definitely long enough in the cold and wet conditions as most crossed the line with very cold hands, covered from head to foot in Bedfordshire countryside.
    Great to have quick access to showers after the race - not that warm but after a few goes most kids emerged a lot cleaner!