Welcome to the forum

Club Cyclo-Cross Thanks

edited September 2009 in Club runs
Hi,

Thanks to everyone who made todays event happen at Knights Templar. The Commissaires who very happy with the event and we had plenty of good comments on the quality of the course. Geoff had no patching up to do either which was a bonus.

It was great to see so many club riders giving it a go, many doing their first race.

Mark.

Comments

• Club results from today

Vets/Women
    9th Vincent Friedlander
    16th Phil Keen

Youth
    11th Theo Doncaster (4th U14)

Under 12
    9th Daniel Maynard
    10th Richard Chennells
    11th Harrison Bedford
    12th Aldo Luggeri
    16th Charlie McCarthy

Mark.
  • Hi,

For those who enjoyed today's race, next weekend's is on a similar course at Chelmsford. Last year it was on later in the year and the course was frozen all day. We all came down a few times! The race is on Sunday next weekend not Saturday.

The venue is Springfield Hall Park, Arun Close, off Waveney Drive, Chelmsford CM1 7QE. Times/entry fees as for our race. All details on www.easterncross.org.uk.

Mark.
  • Mark,
    I can't manage next Saturday. HOWEVER I understand there is a Eastern Cross League event on October 10 in Welwyn. Let's just say I have ordered a pair of nobbly tyres for my bike........... Is anyone else up for some fun?
    Daniel
  • Daniel,

I will be there - i am sure that after his awesome display of power and control in his 'debut' at baldock we can convince Vincent to come along, and with Mark and Stevie we have the makings of a 'team'.

Phil

by the way, it takes more than just some nobbly tyres you know!!!

and by the way (2) this weekend at chelmsford is sunday (not saturday) if that helps your diary!
  • Hi,

Anyone wanting to race in the Eastern League should join the league for a small fee of £6 - see the website. It saves £2 on your entry fee and you get points towards a league ranking/trophy. There is a club trophy as well.

The race at Welwyn is another chance to compete with our friendly rivals at Welwyn Wheelers. The course at Stanborough Park is excellent.
    Mark.
  • Hi,

Paul Douglas from Luton took photos at the CC Ashwell 'Cross.

Paul is happy for riders to see them at this address:

http://tinyurl.com/ybya342

Mark.
  • Hi

CCA riders pics here;

http://www.ccashwell.com/cyclo2009.html

I've put the link on the news/welcome page on the club website too.

Well done Mark and all the volunteers - and the CCA riders!