Welcome to the forum

Cycling Nuts Event, Hillingdon, 3/10/09

edited September 2009 in Youth
Next Saturday 3/10/09 I shall be taking Joshua to Hillingdon for the Cycling Nuts Festival. (The twins are away on scout camp). Racing begins at 13.15hrs for Youth and costs £4 plus day licence for those that haven't got a race licence.

If you need directions to the track, help with bike set up (gearing etc.), please drop me a line at richard@ccashwell.com.

Here is the Google map link for the track -
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.510612,-0.398254&num=1&sll=51.533411,-0.452568&sspn=0.111122,0.256119&gl=uk&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=51.509597,-0.402374&spn=0.014771,0.045276&z=15

Even if you haven't raced yet this one would be a good one to come and watch.

Richard

Comments

• Does the NUTS event have a cat 4 adults also Richard...the web site isn't very informative, and what form does cycling nuts festival take please
  • Cycling Nuts is a one off race meeting at Hillingdon. In esscence it feels pretty much like any other Saturday meet at Hillingdon except the races are slightly longer and the youth have two seperate races -

U14,U10 & U8 go off at 13.15hrs
    U16 & U12 go off at 14.00hrs

entry fee for youth is £4.00 plus day race licence if you haven't got a race licence.

There is a Cat 4 race at 14.45hrs but the entry fee of £16 on the line looked a bit steep. (£13 if you book before but it's probably too late by now).

I think we all ought to be there for 12.45 hrs latest to make sure that gearing is OK and to cheer each other on.

Richard
  • Geoff, Are you joining me in the over 26 division of the CCA Youth section? Anyone else ( = Richard)? Daniel
  • Yes Daniel........I'm joining you for potential humiliation with the over 26 division.........come on you fast medium and nasties.who else will join in the fun at cat 4 level??
  • Hey! There is prize money for the best team. We need more Youth riders to enter this - if successful we could either donate the prize money to the grass track project or another skin suit for Geoff..............

By the way Richard, what is your point (see above post)?

Daniel
  • Unfortunatly the twins are away on scout camp, so we're already two down but the more we race the better chance we have of getting some prize money.

The point is so that the thread stays at the top of the list.

Richard
  • Richard, Surely the point is you have not committed to entering the race yourself. ;-)
  • I thought he had Daniel....I saw that initial only entry as a de facto acknowledgement..........
  • We have Daisy for the youth...hopefully Cameron....and Ed G......Robbie is coming to cheer and when we start the Winter series in Dec. Martin Lawless is racing so hopefully we can put a senior squad together plus a strong youth section in all age categories...looking good