Welcome to the forum

central cx league at hillingdon

edited December 2014 in Youth
Today,3 Ashwell(Joseph Hadsley,Ethan Storti and Nathan Hardy) riders took to the start line in the U10 and U12 categories at Hillingdon closed road circuit. The ground was wet and very muddy and it was also cold. Most of the course was rideable,
but not all as a very muddy and steep bank was in the way. And there was an extremely long start straight(250m)on the tarmac. I think Joseph was 4th,not sure of Ethan's result but still a great performance. I was 6th(5th boy) in the U12 race.
Also, Dave Hadsleys' performance in the vets race was greatly assisted by a brilliant pit crew(me,Joseph and Jude Chamberlain)

Nathan

Comments

• Well done Nathan, you showed really strong character to run home, Ethan was cheering you on.

I think Ethan finished 9th or 10th in the end, an energy sapping course.

Scott.
  • Yes, thanks boys. Best pit crew ever. I'm loving the 2 bike strategy, don't know why it's taken me so long to adapt it.

Joseph was 5th, a real heavy course, sticky London clay mixed with thick long grass.
  • Well done all.

Dave, the two bike strategy is great, the difficulty is in getting your pit crew to turn up on subsequent events.