Welcome to the forum

National Trophy Round 5 - Bradford

edited December 2014 in Cyclocross/Offroad
I was hoping to find some CCA pics to illustrate, but alas.

The course at Peel Park has a reputation, and it has to be said that this is truly a jewel in the crown of British cross courses, comparable in excellence to the Campbell Park at Milton Keynes, but surpassing all others that I have had the pleasure to visit. It is a magnificent muddy roller coaster of a course, where if you are not climbing, you are flying down tricky descents with only some semblance of control. I believe there is a flat section of the course somewhere, but at this point I am unable to recollect where it might be.

Look here for write up of all the races and some pics:

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/nationaltrophy/article/cyx20141214-nationaltrophy-Cross--Ian-Field-and-Evie-Richards-win-in-round-five-of-National-Trophy-0

I think I was the only CCA to make the journey north, but I would urge others to include this in their cross calendars in the future, as it is quite simply brilliant and worth the longish drive. Best Trophy result so far for me, 24th and 7 Trophy points. Derby mudbath next...

Comments

• Nice one John on more national points.
  • Brilliant stuff John. I've seen the videos of the National Champs at Peel Park from a few years ago and it looks very tough indeed. To get your best National result on that course against riders who've been riding that sort of course all year is fantastic.
  • Forgot to ask what you did you do about bike cleaning if it was muddy?
  • Well done John, sounds like you had a blast!
  • I cleaned them AFTER the race Stuart :D