Welcome to the forum

Rear indexing trouble - Help please!!

edited December 2014 in General
Hi there, I have a rear indexing problem with one set of wheels and wonder if anybody has any advice or knowledge that could help.

I have just had all new chains and cassettes on my 3 bikes ready for the new season. All 3 work perfectly with every different combination of wheelset, apart from my Campag Zonda wheels. I was hoping to take these on my summer bike to Lanzarote in early Jan, but for some reason the rear gear indexing is out. I have tried them on my other bikes and also inter-changing cassettes to see of that was the problem. I've still had no joy.

I think that it's no coincidence that the Zonda wheelset are 11 speed, with the remainder of my wheels being 10 speed. I am using the spacer provided with the wheels so I really don't know what the issue could be??

Any help on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Luke

Comments

• You will have indexing issue as you have moved the cassette across the freehub body. Adjust to your limit screws and make a cable adjustment. Sorted ;-)
  • Shelton,

I still want the wheels to be interchangeable with my others without any limit screw adjustment.
  • Buy 3 nice new 11 speed groupsets and matching wheels to go with your bikes then... Good deals on Ribble at the moment!
  • I don't have that problem as I only have 1 set of wheels and they come on my bike :-) you could try a slightly wider spacer but that will really be trial and error.
  • Ensure the jockey wheels are not a 3rd party item?

I have had a not dissimilar issue and it came down to these two wheels not being Shimano. As simple as that and boy! did we go around the houses to tweak, re-tweak and then some on the rear Mech and cable'. Three bike shops later and Lo! - problem solved. Because his shop sold 3rd party jockey wheels - well, they did until he realised they were a false economy with Shimano running gear.