Welcome to the forum

ELV Winter Series at Hog Hill

edited January 2015 in Road Racing
Is anyone planning on going to the first ELV Winter Series race this weekend on Saturday?

Comments

• Looks like you might be lone ranger again. Don't take your best wheels!

I'm in dire need of some rest after the cross season, so I won't be hitting road racing until March at the earliest.
  • Try and avoid doing anything like this...

• You say that, but isn't that just an elaborate victory salute?*

* feel safe making that joke knowing the rider walked away unhurt.
  • he still won, even if he did finish head first. still wouldn't have wanted to be him though
  • Well this thread has filled me with confidence!
  • hog hill is alot better than hillindon. stay in the front 2/3 and you should be fine
  • edited January 2015
    My first and only race was around the Top Gear track, that very same thing happened, one of the "dreaded triathletes" went over the bars, head first, took 11 with him; there were three bodies still lying out on the tarmac when I left 30 minutes later.
  • edited February 2015
    First race today, I learnt it helps to do more than one full lap recce and more than 10 mins warm up.
    Was immediately dropped and only woke up after 20 mins, from then I just picked off fellow stragglers. Weather was awful, rain turned to sleet turned to snow and after 40mins I was frozen. Some goods pics here of what 1hr in that weather does to you: https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/irl2010/sets/72157650161766049/.
    Then there was the 2/3/4 race afterwards, the guys waiting for that looked very worried at the state we were in!