Welcome to the forum

Wednesday ride tomorrow

edited January 2015 in Club runs
My first mid week ride, is it still a go tomorrow?

Comments

• Yes, almost always on. 9.30 from Hodwell, the little road by the church opposite the Post Office.
  • Major mechanical today! My rear derailleur went bang in spectacular fashion on a little hill (somewhere near Datchworth I think)

Big thank you to Tim for his masterful roadside repairs ... and apologies to everybody for the delay and slightly disabled return to Hodwell

On the plus side, my bike is now fitted with a brand new mech hanger, new chain and a replacement derailleur. Next challenge is to thread in new gear cable without swearing :)

And on the minus side, my kitchen is littered with tools, bits of chain, ferrules, frayed cable, oily rags and copper grease, not to mention 2 bikes and a fair number of instruction leaflets. (Probably a good job that I'm not married!)
  • You go Jane.....busy afternoon and hopefully little stress and frustration. Does this mean you have a new business venture. Hopefully will see your handiwork at the weekend. Well done.
  • Very impressive...I would have taken it to the nearest LBS. WHATS A FERRULE?
    John
  • Ah, a kitchen (indoor garage) littered with tools and greasy rags…welcome to home mechanics. You will be building bikes and wheels by Easter.
  • Add some glue and tubs and your kitchen will soon look like mine :D