Welcome to the forum

Welwyn cross - Central league

edited January 2015 in Cyclocross/Offroad
This familiar venue brought out a strong showing from CCA in what was bitterly cold and wet conditions. The course went the same way round as the Eastern league race earlier this year but was very different, making more use of the raised ridge section, which in the very slippery conditions made for challenging racing.

In the Under 10s, Mark Lightfoot, Joseph Hadsley, Samuel Quiggin and Ethan Storti braved the rain. Whilst missing out on podium places CCA riders were represented strongly in the top ten. The Under 12s was raced by Archie Foulkes, Sam Daniels and Nathan Hardy, two more strong top ten finishes was their reward for a tough race in the freezing rain.

Adam Lightfoot and Sophie Lewis raced in the Under 14s with Sophie racing to a brilliant third place. Adam fought hard for a great fourth place.

The Vet 40s saw John Polak storm through the field from a last row grid position to take a fantastic 5th place. Pete Daniels, Daniel Doncaster and Richard Lawrence also rode in the vets with strong performances from all, with Richard unluckily not finishing due to a mechanical.

Under 10
4th Mark Lightfoot
5th Joseph Hadsley
6th Samuel Quiggin
11th Ethan Storti

Under 12
6th Archie Foulkes
7th Sam Daniels
DNF Nathan Hardy

Under 14
3rd Girl Sophie Lewis
4th Adam Lightfoot

Vet 40
5th John Polak
30th Pete Daniels
34th Daniel Doncaster
DNF Richard Lawrence

Apologies if I've missed anyone out

Comments

• And let's not forget our very (nearly) own Dave Hadsley in a top half of field 28th place!

Thanks for the write up Dave. Tough weather conditions made everyone who rode a champion, it was very very grim out there!
  • Thanks John, actually I am officially one of us now. First race in blue will be at Letchworth at the weekend.
  • All right! That's what I'm talking about!
  • Welcome aboard Dave....There Go the Belgians!

John