Welcome to the forum

CC ASHWELL PRIMAVERA ROAD RACE 17th May 2015 HELP PLEASE!!

edited January 2015 in General
Well here it is again...our 10th edition !

At the moment our race will be a same format to last year using the Cardington circuit and Cople Village Hall as HQ .

It will be a 3/4 cat race again over 92 km on Sunday 17th May at 09.30.

Yet again have had a lot of problems trying to get a course around Ashwell approved so once again we are back to Cople...will keep trying though and as some of you are aware
with the Letchworth Crit in mind and police seemingly becoming more supportive to cycle racing in Herts the CCA road race which actually goes through Ashwell looks more of a possibility.

Will Smith will be co-organiser of the race this year to which I am grateful as I have a busy year ahead so please give him the great support you have given me over the years
to make this event as good as previous editions....

more info to follow

Comments

• OK everybody...it is that time of year again. The Primavera is getting closer, most things are in place and ready to go, however we need to get some more help from the club.

This year we're looking for people to help with:

Driving (4 needed, preferably with a current BC membership)
    Licence Admin (helping with signing on)
    Assistant Judges (assisting the Chief Judge with rider placement)
    Signage (putting the signs out)

and finally...

MARSHALS!

We need a minimum of 14 marshals to keep the riders safe in the race. Without this number the race will not be able to go ahead.

A HUGE THANKS to all that can help.
  • i will be there, put me down for whatever helps most.
    happy to drive again, bc membership is current.
  • Happy to help with signage again, as well as marshalling.
  • Finn can help with whatever needs doing.
    Susan
  • Happy to marshal and bring cake:)
  • happy to marshal or whatever
  • Happy to marshall and signage
  • I'm happy to help, I will have my 9 year old mini Ashwell rider with me so if we can do something where he can help me that would be good - maybe signing on or putting out the signs??

Cheers
    Scott.
  • Yep, put me down for anything you need.
  • Happy to help, driving is fine as I have BC membership. I've got a big pick up truck if that's any use with carrying support stuff. Happy to marshall too.
  • I'm available to help with whatever is required - may also have a 9 year old "helper" with me!
  • I have entered online to race but if i dont make the start sheet i would be very happy to lend a hand where needed.
  • Hello all...

We still need some lovely CCA type volunteers for the Primavera. Only a couple of weeks away now, everything is being put together but we're a little short on marshals and cake providers/tea makers.

Any help would be enormously appreciated. Three races in the Eastern Road Race League have already been cancelled this season due to various reasons. The Primavera won't be able to be put on without a few more volunteers and that'd be a real shame. For any of you that saw the Fleche Welwyn on the Cople circuit this year, you would have seen a fantastic aggressive and exciting race! Let's hope that the Primavera will be a match for that!

Huge ta
  • I would love to have helped and been a part of it but I'm away then, sorry. Hope everything goes well, really top class event.
  • Very sorry but I have a race that day.
  • Available to marshal, if needed.
  • i am okay for marshaling
  • Sorry I previously said I could Marshall but unfortunately this clashes with the Etape du Dales.

Hope the event goes well.
  • Unfortunately away for this weekend with the family.
  • Etape du Dales too
  • Finn is happy to time and/or marshall. I can do admin stuff and bring cake.
    Susan
  • Hi Carmelo,

I'm really sorry, I'm unable to make the race, despite putting an entry in. I forgot at the time that I was committed to house sitting for my parents that weekend. Gutted.

Hopefully this will give you enough notice to allow someone else to race.

Mitchy
    (Dave Mitchinson).
  • Happy to marshall, just tell me where and when and I'll stick my arm out...

.....or can drive if you need - have current BC membership.

FD
  • I can help too (Karen is a possible if needed).

Cheers
    Peter
  • hi peter

thank you so much..is it possible to have karen come as well please?
  • Dave and I can help out - just let us know what we need to do.
  • edited May 2015
    Thanks all for the volunteering! You do the club proud...

So far the list runs as thus:

Driver for Chief Com: Richard Maynard
    Driver for Assistant Com: Jamie Quiggin

Chief Judge: Mark Wyer
    Assistant Judge: Will Smith

Lead car 1: Stef Dixon
    Lead car 2: John Langrish
    Service car/First Aid: Tim Duckett/Vincent Friedlander

Licences/signing on: Christine Chapman and Susan Watts

Refreshments (most important bit): Lindsey Foulkes and Aldo Luggeri

Motorbike Marshals: Dick Peake and his team

Signs: Vic Brown and Phil Keen

Chief Marshal: Bob Swain

Marshals:

Richard Glover
    Phil Keen
    Scott S (+ mini Scott)
    James Davis
    Peter T
    Steve Jennings
    Dave Hadsley
    Steve Kirtland
    Vic Brown
    Finn Watts
    Dave
    Jenny

If anything has changed and you can no longer make the race could you let us know ASAP as we'll need to sort something out. We've just about got the minimum amount needed to get the race on the road so any more help is always appreciated. It should be a great morning with some good racing to watch too.

Huge thanks,

Will
  • Hi Will

It may be a bit late but I could help out in some capacity if needed, marshalling? Let me know.
  • I need a camera operator for the finish line, so if anyone fancies that role then let me know.

Mark.
  • Mark - I'm due to ride Etape du Dales that day, but might have to pull out. If so, I'd be happy to help