Welcome to the forum

Windsor Triathlon

edited October 2009 in Club runs
Hi all,

Is anyone else up for this one. I have just entered with great antisipation as this will be my first Triathlon. Other than "dont do it" Any tips would be much appreciated.

Just need to learn to swim now!!!

Andy

http://www.humanrace.co.uk/more-info-on-nokia-windsor-triathlon-401.html

Comments

• Did this one last year. Well organised and popular olympic distance. The swim starts against the current of the river Thames and its quite tough to get to the turning point. Once you get there you fly down the other side. Unfortunately only half the distance the other way. So... slow swim expected really. Bike pretty straight forward and well marked with some out and backs thrown into the loop. The run is 3 laps i think that includes running up to the castle. Bit knackering but ok. Plenty of support to keep you motivated. It's certainly better than London Triathlon in the docklands- thats pretty bland. Go for it!
  • Blimey i actually finished it!!! What a great event and definitely something i would recommend. Ended up with a time of 2 hours 48 mins, which i was well chuffed with as i had originaly not even expected to finish the swim. Had about 4 major mouth fulls of Thames water in the process which is pretty sickly!!! Stats were:

Swim 1.5km = 32.57
    T1 = 5.26
    Bike 42km = 1.15
    T2 = 2.48
    Run 10km = 51.41

Docklands next in August. I think this could become addictive!!!
  • excellent!! well done matey!
  • ditto Andy..well done.............how healthy is Thames water these days??..don't fancy drinking it
  • Well done at Winsor.Sounds like you are hooked, check out Freedom Tri they would welcome you and their training and advice would really help with London, which is a great event, even bigger and better than Winsor.
  • Andy. Well done mate. Be good to talk triathlon on a ride sometime.
    Like Geoff says.... always welcome to come training with Freedom Tri.