Welcome to the forum

central cx league round 10- standalone farm

edited January 2015 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Today, 8 Ashwell riders went to standalone farm, the last round of the central league. The course was very bumpy and muddy. The mud was extremely wet for the youth races and got thicker as the day progressed. Consequently, it was energy sapping.
In the under 10's race Samuel Quiggin, Joseph Hadsley and Ethan Storti took to the stage/mud. The riders did 3 laps of the tough course. Samuel put in a brilliant effort to claim 4th position while Joseph finished just a few places behind and Ethan came home in 15th.
In the under 12's race there was only me for Ashwell. I finished in 6th which should tie me for 5th place in the league.
Sophie Lewis competed in the under 14 girls race. After a hard slog in the mud she crossed the line in 3rd.
In the Vets race Daniel Doncaster, Dave Hadsley and Tim represented Ashwell who all rode strongly. Pit crew for the race was headed by Jamie Q, assisted by Samuel and I. The large lap included a set of ridable sleepers, and a set of planks requiring a dismount. Passing Daniel at the last pit Dave finished just 1 place ahead at the line, closely followed by Tim.
Official placings to follow.

By Nathan.

Comments