Welcome to the forum

Ipswich CX

edited January 2015 in Cyclocross/Offroad
2nd time this season at Trinity Park. Weather much improved from last time although still muddy on the bike park section and very cold.

Mixed fortunes for the CCA squad today

Mark Lightfoot had to pull out after being poorly in the week.

Travis did not start after being unwell during the night.

Noah rolled a tub then crashed and broke his rear mech after about 500M so had a lengthy run to the pits. He was in last place but had a good race working his way back up the field.

I had an early crash into the tape which wrapped itself around my cassette which meant a wheel out and minutes of untangling. I was in last place but then enjoyed working my way back up the field.

Mark Wyer I think had a crash and lost a crank arm and had to retire.

The rest of the squad finished well - very well in some cases :-)

Results
Vet 40-49
2 John Polak first podium of the year I think
34 Peter Daniels (should be awarded a prize for the most even splits 8.21 8.21 8.21 8.20!!!!)
41 Stuart Field
49 Richard Lawrence
57 Mark Wyer

Ladies
3 Jackie Field Has secured first place Vet lady in the league
10 Stephanie Wyer

U16

10 Noah Field Youth

U14 Boys
2 Adam Lightfoot First podium I think?
15 Felix Field

U14 Girl

2 Harley Pell Yth/U14/Girl

U12
1 9 Archie Foulkes First first I think?
2 5 James Fraser
5 8 Freddie Cooke
6 7 Sam Daniels

U10
Mark Lightfoot DNF

U8
17 Molly Gregory

Last one next week at same venue

Comments

• crikey, sounds like a demolition derby! Well done to John with second and i think Archie F got his first win today?!...in a race that covered 10 laps!..did you get dizzy?
  • edited January 2015
    The Under 12 race was another good one - the commentator got so excited that he broke his PA system apparently :)

The outcome was that Archie took his first ever Eastern League win, just ahead of James in second place. With Freddie and Sam just behind too, CC Ashwell had four riders in the first six places yesterday - I don't think we've ever had a result like that before.

Mark F

P.S. Tim - funnily enough the first thing James said after the race was that he felt dizzy from the short lap with lots of tight turns.

All four CCA riders gridded on the front row

All smiles afterwards

They didn't say anything about horses though...
  • Well done everyone. There was a few more confirmed medals too I see from the website.

Starting on tarmac,very pro.

I was thinking of going next week but it's very far away. Does anyone want to car share, Joe's not going to be racing so I won't be getting there at the very start, just me racing in the Vets.
  • You can have a lift in the team bus if you wish! I need to leave before 08:30 though as I am judging. (Jet wash and coffee FOC)
  • Thanks Daniel that would be great. Before 8.30 will be fine, would be leaving about 7 if Joe was racing. Whisper me your address and what time you want me. Have you got enough room for both my bikes, no worries if you haven't I'll just bring spare wheels.
  • Room for both bikes; who are you kidding? Just sent you an e-mail mate...
  • Race closes today, so enter on-line at BC...
  • Entered. Let's hope Eastern gridding copes with a change of club better than Central did.