Welcome to the forum

End of season race at Mistley - danger of cancellation

Due to low number of entries this event is now in danger of cancellation. The organizers have issued a warning that unless there is a significant increase in entries by 2 pm tomorrow, they will cancel. This would also mean no season prize presentation, with medals and trophies getting posted out..

So if you were planning to enter, but haven't yet, now is your last chance. I might be speaking to the choir here, as we have at least four already entered.

Comments

• That would be a shame if it got cancelled. (Am I in tune?)
  • edited January 2015
    Hi John/Daniel

we will be entering but have not as the closing date is the 26th. Surely they need to wait till then to decide?

Where do they issue the warning? Not something I have seen. FB? Don't do that
  • Yes Stuart on FB, here it is for those who don't do it.

Important Announcement
    End of season Madison, Awards & AGM.
    Please note that following discussions with the Organiser and the League officials we will be discussing tomorrow the viability of the event & possibility of cancelling.
    At present we only have 30 entries across all categories and to make the event viable we need at the very least 100 entries.
    We have discussed the possibility of altering the format of it being random pairings to allowing people to select their own Teams. We don't have strong views on this, So if there are 70 riders out there who are not entering because they can't pick their partner let us know & we will change the format.
    Please note, we can't run it like a league race as we have to be finished by 1pm to allow time for the Awards and AGM. Please also note that whatever we do BC Regs dictate that U12's & Youth events must be separate.
    If lack of entries mean cancellation this will mean the whole event (Race, Awards & AGM) We would look to distribute Medals by post and Trophies in person. The AGM Would be Re-Scheduled for a mid-week meeting later in the Spring & would combine with the Date Fixing for next years events.
    It goes without saying, We would rather not cancel but it is a lot of effort and expense to put this event on if there are only 10 riders on the line. We understand it's been a long season & this may well be one event to far. We have of course already started thinking about changes for next year to prevent this happening again. A delayed AGM would also give more time to discuss the different options available.
    So, In a nutshell - You have until 2pm tomorrow to get your Entry in if you really want to race, before we have to make a decision.
    Please pass this message on if you know of people interested who are not on FB.
  • Thanks Dave

Might have been useful for them to have put it on the eastern League site!!!
  • Just as an update for those who aren't on the FB group, the entry deadline has been extended until Wednesday evening, and currently the entries are at around 80 for the pre-entry races. It seems likely that the event will go ahead, though this has not been officially confirmed.
  • Thanks John

We are in
    Someone said on Sunday the league would underwrite the shortfall so fingers crossed
  • I was told that by someone from Colchester but I don't think it's correct.

Hopefully 80 odd will be enough. 40 in the Vets/Seniors race is enough to make a race of it.
  • This has now been confirmed as going ahead.

Samuel and Joseph will be forming an Under 10 team with space for one more if there's anyone who wants to join. Best 2 to count with all 3 getting medals.

I haven't heard anything about Under 12 teams.

Youth and adults will be randomly drawn pairs for a Madison.
  • Good news.

Evan will be there and happy to be the third member of the u10s team if needed. Equally he'd be fine if someone else wants to ride in his place. Let me know.

The plan so far for the u12 team is Sam Daniels, Freddie Cook and Archie F . Nathan and James won't be there.

See you Sunday!

Lindsey
  • Evan's very welcome to be the third member. Mark L isn't going to be there and I don't think there's any other U10s that do any Eastern league events.
  • Awesome. With team managers like you two, how could they be anything but brilliant. Go CCA!