Welcome to the forum

Feb Club Night, Three Tuns, Tues 3rd Feb, 8pm

edited January 2015 in General
Kit, drink, chat, puncture repair challenge, maybe a masterclass? and more!

Everyone welcome - members and non-members. Always good.

Three Tuns back room, from about 8pm.

cheers!

Comments

• If there is interest I am happy to lead a short (30 - 45 mins ish) discussion on Training Principles. An overview on how to plan your training, identify and work on your weaknesses and get the most from your available time.

This could be the first in a series of talks by the club coaches.

Mark.
  • Mark could you start off with how to train for TT's. I am coming to the conclusion shorter rides are all I can fit in at the moment.

Having seen the new Northfield Cup I think there could be significantly more interest this year:)
  • edited February 2015
    Club Pub night tomorrow...

I've been struggling to pin down a date for The Ride of The 3 Cafes, Spring Classic. But fear not: like buses, two come at once - and at the club night I hope to walk through the route for Mark Wyer's brand new CCA Club Spring Classic...

This Good Friday, 9am from Ashwell, 3rd April 2015, the inaugral CCA G-RIDE…

It's a circular route from Ashwell across road and through fields. We can't promise cobblesh. But we can bring you grime. Prepare for punctures, mud and thunder.

null
  • A badge for every finisher! Of course.

PS Festive 500 posse: I need to get you your badges!!
  • The roads around Ashwell don't seem too bad this morning. So I hope to see you all this evening to vent some much needed steam about this bobbins weather we are having at the mo.

I'll have a print out of CCA's answer to Paris-Roubaix, Good Friday's G-RIDE. Mark's course looks ace. Gravelicous!

Kit will be available. The puncture challenge. And more. Members and non-members very welcome.
  • Free February Dime Bar to the first 10 people at tonight's Club night!

null

From about 8pm. Clubman of the Year says he'll try and make it too: just bumped into him in London village.
  • Damn, no dime bar for me. Mrs D away and sick child at home.

A long shot….If anyone is going in by car and passing mine could you pick up Robbies trophy?
  • Sunny up in Loughborough! Perfect riding conditions....
    Back in time for the club night.
  • Will be there if I can get my car to start
  • Darn. Club night fell in a Tuesday. Cannot make Tuesdays. Must sort that one out come chain gang.
  • Martin,
    Can you drop me off a route map of Marks g ride when you are passing. Hope to be able to ride that one.
  • 15 out at feb's club night. Great for probably the deadest part of the season.

The G-RIDE was presented and maps handed out. I will post a link later.

British Cycling's very own Mark W then gave some really useful tips and advice on a range of training topics from goal setting to turbo tips. He will happily do another if there's a specific area anyone would like to cover. And Mark is offering to be at future club nights to offer advice ad hoc. Very kind. There was talk of know how on preparing for multistage events and more about nutrition. A right can of worms. Not that anyone is recommending the high protein worm diet. Yet.

It was great to see newbies Mitchy and Robert. Mitchy definitely needs to hook up with Will and the CCA racing frat. Looking to do well in Cat 3 and beyond. And Robert is going to dip his icy toe into today's Weds club run.

I think john R came third in the puncture challenge. Showing no fear of the Schwalbes.

And we presented Robbie with his Clubman of the Year decanter. More news on that as he aims to have left behind the bar at t'Tuns and loaded with "Clubmans' Brandy"... a single or double to look forward to after a club run, chain gang, grass track spin, big ride or event, or simply cos you fancy a brandy. Brandy is paleo of course.

See you in March for more banter and advice and I expect more discussion then about our season opening Hardriders 20 mile TT.
  • Great to meet some club members, and impressed with the social aspect, hopefully will be able to stay for a beer after next time. Great talk from Mark, some food for thought. And receiving a welcome dime bar was my highlight.
  • The inner tube change challenge top (and only) six are as follows:
    Tim Duckett - 2.42
    Vince - 3.11
    John Riddett- 4.56
    Richard Maynard - 5.01
    Martin L - 6.10
    John Meadows - 11.23
    Plenty of opportunity for new challengers and improvements! Start finger strengthening exercises now!