Welcome to the forum

Imperial Winter Series

edited October 2009 in Youth
The Imperial Winter Series starts on 5/12/09. Cat4 racing is showing as a 13.00hrs start.

No youth times have been posted on the BC website yet as this is coordinated by another club - Hillingdon Slipstreamers - and it appears that they haven't posted their race arrangements yet. I would guess that the races, each Saturday, will start at 12.00hrs.

My three will be racing and I'm happy to set bikes up and generally help with proceedings if anybody wants an introduction to racing, youth or adult!

This is the first race of the series which goes on into February, last year the adults raced every Saturday whilst Youth took a break over Christmas and New Year.

Comments

• Sorry, I should have said that a race licence isn't required as you can get a day licence on the day. The BC membership runs from January to January so if your new to BC and racing it may be worth waiting until December until you apply, in which case you'll be given 2010 membership and licence.

Richard
  • If your interested please put your name on here or let me of Geoff know. We might be able to coordinate lifts.

Richard
  • COuld be up for this one Richard. Both the kids are on a trip to Manchester though and I think this is on the 6th so I will keep you posted as I know they both want to save themselves for the velo!!
  • Hillingdon Winter Series for Youth Starts on January 9th....Saturday week...........if weather is good i intend to start youth and cat 4 adult racing..log in here to indicate interest please, then Richard/I and others can co-ordinate lifts etc.
  • Due to family commitments in West Yorks. I am away on Friday 8/1/10 and will be catching the first train into London on the morning of the 9/1/10. I will be at Hillingdon early and happy to help getting people ready.

Alison is transporting my three and Andrew L. down to the circuit, therefore, I'm sorry, but we don't have any more room in my car as I will need a place on the way back.

If anybody needs advice about gearing or other racing matters please don't leave it until the day, as it will be very busy. Please contact Geoff or myself during this week.

Richard
  • The race is at 12.30hrs. I would suggest that everybody needs to be there at least 45mins. before this to allow for signing on, which will be chaotic as it's the first one, and warm up.

Average travelling time around the M25 is about 1hr 15mins. due to roadworks around Rickmansworth but it may be even longer. Therefore allow plenty of time!

Cat.4 & 3 racing is at 13.00hrs. I will be hanging about for this as Joshua will be racing.

Richard
  • Keep an eye on the weather, I don't think we'll be racing this Saturday.

The website to watch is: -

http://www.imperialracingteam.com/imperialracingteam/index.htm

I'll also get Alison to keep an eye on the information.

Richard
  • doesn't look very likely we will be riding at all this weekend does it...ice at present and forecast cold/freezing for next 6 days.....gloom
  • please see TURBO SESSIONS AT SCHOOL
  • Just to confirm we will not be racing this week 9/1/10 due to the weather.

It's on again on 16/1/10, let's hope the thaw comes!

Richard
  • see you at the school with your Turbos and rollers then?/
  • Racing at Hillingdon has officially been cancelled.
    If you want to see a picture of the finish line as of earlier today - follow the link

http://www.imperialracingteam.com/imperialracingteam/index.htm
  • I don't know about this week, but I won't be going...see Saturday Turbo's and Winter Training section. Come along and learn to ride rollers and other stuff.
  • Racing is on at Hillingdon this weekend, 16/1/10. The Maynards are going. Racing for all youth catagories starts at 12.30pm. Cat. 3 and Cat. 4 races are at 1.00pm. I advise that if you are going you'll need to be there at the very least 12.00hrs as this is the first Youth race of the winter series and signing on will be somewhat chaotic.

See you there, wear your winter woolies!

Richard
  • FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO RACE THIS SERIES AT HILLINGDON.....PLEASE INDICATE INTEREST AND RICHARD AND I CAN MAKE ARRANGEMENTS.
  • Just got back from Hillingdon (16/1/10).

Phil got a third in the cat.4 race with a superb sprint to the line. This means he has enough points to go into Cat.3!!

Daniel and Rebecca finished their race but difficult to tell where they were.

Joshua finished 2nd in the Youth A and we think 8th in the Cat.3 race.

Richard
  • well done everyone........Phil..you are not thinking...you will have to race in the higher category for the Primavera in May now...you won't be able to do the cat4 race this year DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Geoff, There is No 4th CAt only race this year, but a combined 3/4 race. So Phil is no worse off, except that there will be Cat 2 wanna be's & those that dropped down from 2nd Cat this year. More fun for everyone!!!
    Trahern
  • so is that a 5lap race then.bit much for the less experienced...I think it sad we have gone for this option as the exclusive cat 4 was a real marker for the club and a pretty unique experience for racers.........remind me please why what has been a success every year to date has been reduced to one race only.
    I know it is a Carmelo and Trahern organisation and you do a vast amount of work...was there too much or has something happened to maker the 2 races impossible??
  • Results for Saturday 16/1/10 are here: -

http://www.imperialracingteam.com/imperialracingteam/results0910.html?

Pictures are here. There are some good ones of Phil. I think he makes the breaks so they take some good pictures!

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ImperialRacingTeam/ImperialWinterSeries20092010Race83rd4thCatRace#

Richard
  • Racing 23/1/10

The Maynards are going again (I hope the weather's better!)

Youth racing for all ages starts at 12.30hrs whilst Cat 3 & 4 racing is at 13.00hrs.

I have a car full again so can't offer lifts but if anyone wants a steer on how everything works (entry, cost, gearing etc.) drop me a line at richard@ccashwell.com.

Set off at least 90mins. before your start time to allow for the M25.

See you there,

Richard
  • Results Race 9 - 23/1/10

Cat.3 Results are in: -

Phil Adams - 9th in his first race and another BC Ranking Point (YES!!)
    Joshua - 11th (having finished 2nd(again!!) in the Youth A Race), complains that the grownups don't hold their line.

Youth Results are not posted yet. Racing as usual next week, I set of at 10.30hrs this week but had a good run and was a little too early.

Richard
  • Kids results have now been posted

Daniel was 5th in the U14 Boys (beating two boys he'd lost to last week)
    Rebecca was 4th in the U14 Girls

I'll be at the cross-training session this week (but not exercising) in order to give advice and demo's on how to set Youth gearing up.

Richard
  • well done everyone who raced.....I suggested some other of the youth might want to race, but haven't heard from any.

SO.....CCA Youth....if you wish to race please let me or Richard know.......I have decided to continue with the Saturday rides at Stevenage as my leg isn't right yet...Hopefully Richard can help any parents and youth who go to Hillingdon.

I cannot manage to be in two places at once and the Stevenage rides are a good base for road riding.
  • Thus far I am aware that Cameron and Andrew from CCA and Joshua and Charlie from WW are going on Saturday. Phil is possibly also jumping in the car with me, so once again I have a car full but if anyone wants to meet me at Hillingdon I'd be happy to show you the 'ropes'.

Richard
  • edited January 2010
    A Quick Early Report as the results aren't up yet.

Phil and Joshua raced in the Cat.3 event which was rather lively, as was the Cat. 4 race.

Phil won a very hard fought prime (half way sprint competition) to win a prize. (In this case a base layer top, the crowd went wild at the result!!)

Both riders were in the mix at the finish but a last corner accident saw both of them boxed in and in bad positions for the final sprint. I'll post the placings when they are announced.

Joshua got third place in the U16 race.

Finally Cameron of the Youth Section arrived only a few seconds too late to book on and therefore missed a chance to win the U14 race. He promises that his transport will be more efficient next week.

Youth racing starts at 12.30hrs (try to be there by at least 12.00hrs to get warmed up)

Adult racing (Cat.4 and 3) starts at 13.00hrs.

Joshua and I can't make next week but Alison and the twins will be there, weather permitting!

Richard
  • A quick up date on positions in the Cat.3 race: -

Phil was 24th

Joshua was 18th

Here is the link to the results page and some photos: -
    http://www.imperialracingteam.com/imperialracingteam/results0910.html

Richard
  • Penultimate Round of the Winter Series took place on 6/2/10

In the U14 Boys: -

Cameron was 3rd
    Daniel was 5th

Rebecca was 3rd in U14 Girls

Finally Phil got a 4th in the Cat3 race and said he could have won it.

It's the final round next week, I'll be there with Daniel and Rebecca.. If anyone plans to go let me know and we can get together at the circuit.
  • Is anyone else coming to the last one of the series 13/2/10.

Richard