Welcome to the forum

CCA Racing Curry

edited February 2015 in Road Racing
In a somewhat unconventional move (certainly where diet is concerned) a few of the chaps that race in CCA colours are going for a curry to discuss a few things about the upcoming season. Hopefully this year we will have access to a bit of coaching and have a little more structure than just rocking up at the race and seeing how it goes.

The venue will be a lovely little curry house in Clifton (Clifton Cuisine) and the date will be the evening of feb 12th.

If you're interested in racing for the club, either on the road or in time trials then please come along for a chat and a dirty great naan bread. Let me know beforehand and we'll reserve a seat.

Comments

• I'm in Will
  • I'm in as discussed. Good choice of location, I heard it's excellent
  • Damn working nights :-(
  • Hi Will,

Yes please!! For once not working nights! Will be good to meet the racing team.
  • Does taking part in the Cat4 Milton Keyne's bowl count as racing - I've signed up to have a go at a few?
    can't make the 12th unfortunately, but the inner caveman is pleased that Curry and carbs is the way to go on the diet front for racing!
    Iain
  • Sign me up!
  • Nice one Iaiaiaiain. Of course it counts! Shame you're not around on the 12th. Looking forward to meeting a couple of new CCA racers!
  • What time are you planning to meet?
  • Will be doing a few TTs and would be nice to join you for the curry/chat.
  • Table booked for 7.30pm
  • It's fantastic, I'm there once a week minimum!!!
  • edited February 2015
  • Incidentally, i have just upgraded to a full racing license. Just need to enter a race now!
  • edited February 2015
    I am tempted to have a go, I can't make the curry. Will you be posting a summary on the forum? Any tips on suitable first event?

Martin
  • Re: Martin, if you're talking about road racing then I'd suggest heading to Hog hill or Hillingdon, there are currently weekly winter races there. Like you this is my first year and learning my craft at Hog Hill.
  • Martin, with your steam engine like ability to carry on riding for huge distances don't be put off by the speedy guys with the big legs in the crits. Road races are loads more fun (I find anyway) as they have (slightly) slower bits in too. Fl
  • Anyone going from Royston way? Turns out due to a calendar mix up I'm carless tomorrow evening... Tom mentioned he's likely coming along but not sure he's on the forum much...
  • Tom,

I can give you a lift. I have whispered you my number.

Mark.
  • Hi All,

really sorry to pull out of tonight. Unfortunately I was due to finish work at midnight last night and eventually crept into bed at 5am, and out again at 7.30 to get little one sorted for school. I'm broken!! If I burn the candle tonight I won't be fit to race!!

I've entered the following races;

8th march - Ike Saul Memorial Road Race
    12th April - Fleche Welwyn 2015
    17th May - CC Ashwell Primavera Road Race

Open to suggestions after this, and should have a better idea of what I'm up against after the first couple!

Have a great night, and really hope to make the next gathering.

Mitchy
  • Emails people, whisper me your emails (anybody that wants to race this season)!
  • At the Racing Curry we discussed running a 'Fake Race'. The idea being to ride a circuit based on a local race route and train certain moves and manoeuvres. This worked well last year when we did it, but I think we can make it much more useful! To find a suitable date for this I have set up a doodle poll here LINK

If you are interested please indicate which dates suit you with YES, (YES) or NO. Note that '(YES)' indicates 'if needs be'.

Daniel