Hence back to 35 -40 miles at 15-16 mph and road bikes
We can only hope, will post again sat

May also go for a spin Sat.
Let me know if interested

Let's hope the cabin fever can be put to rest

CP

Comments

• Yo Ho

Positively balmy (barmy?) 3C at 9am, reaching a scorching 6C by noon, with a nagging Nor' Westerly wind- might put my shorts on.....

....maybe not, eh?

Looking forward to seeing the Lost Boys, shirkers, workers, walking wounded, paleo-dodgers and anyone else who fancies a bit of banter, camaraderie and judicious amount of exercise.

FD
  • Looking good for Sunday
    So normal club run
    09.30 , 35-40 miles, 15 to 16 mph
    Still winter road bikes

Coffee after and chat about some dates
    Bring a dairy for FD ideas and others
    We can pencil them in.

CP
  • See you at 0930 and not a minute earlier!!!!
  • FDFD
    edited February 2015
    Yo Ho

Have a few ideas for linear rides in the spring and summer days, but no need to bring a cow shed with you.

Bring a diary for a few dates, instead of a dairy. Sam the farmer can help you with the latter.

I'll be there at 09.30.30 on Sunday...wouldn't want to be too early!

His name was FD, and he was the Fastest Dutchman in the West
  • Still struggling with the weight and fitness so the turbo calls for me for a bit of base training with no bacon sarni after

Just when things appeared to be going ok, i am advised that Base Training is a waste of time and Interval training is the way to go. Apparently, some chap at the University of Kent knows best

Looks like another discussion to go the way of diets and religion - now where were those earphones

Have a good ride and keep safe

Pete2tired2arguewhatsbest
  • Ahoy the Pig

Bullet wants us to be on time on deck
    Nick is sunning himself espania
    FD wants dairy in his diary, he needs to Earnie the miles.

Pete2 needs to get on his bike
    Base or intervals ? Some is the answer !

And what about CTJ ? Too cold for his bones ?

Captain will be on Deck
    Cabin fever has taken hold

See you soon
    09.30 if you please

CP
  • FDFD
    edited February 2015
    Yo Ho fellow buccaneers

Have a few suggestions for longer rides further afield when the weather warms up.

As discussed on the TRAINing Rides thread, one suggestion is:

Pirates of the Cafe Bean - On Stranger Rides...

.....Starring Cap'n Jack Sparrowlegs, FD Barbaresco, Davy 'Cut Throat' Jones, Bootstrap Big Nick, Lord Cutler Bullett and many more...

Ashwell to Bury St Edmunds, new area to explore via a couple of cafe port stops en route for coffee and victuals (e.g. Blue Egg first stop) 70-75 miles and train back from Bury. See some of the best that Suffolk has to offer - Long Melford, Lavenham, Cavendish (not Mark, but this could be the intemediate sprint!) riding through lovely country lanes.

Thinking of a Saturday - 21st March or 4th April (Easter weekend, though) as trains could be dodgy on a Sunday.

What say you, shipmates? Let's discuss tomorrow.

FD
  • Ahoy

Freedom in the sunshine, a great ride
    40 miles at 15.5 mph
    Let's hope the start of the beginning

CP
  • Yo Ho

7 out in the sunshine, including 2 new crew members, Steve and Gav, most welcome aboard.

Black Pig sailed north to Wrestlingworth, Potton, Abbotsley, Yelling, Eltiseley, Gransdens, Croydon, Guilden.

I made it 41 miles @ 15.5mph, Cap'n - going the extra mile.

The Bullet very frisky on the front, Sargeant Pain worried about his new hoops getting muddy, yours truly barking out the orders, promoted from Lieutenant to Lieutenant Commander, Cap'n skulking in the pack but took his turn on the front down Croydon Hill with the wind behind.

Cap'n's cabin afterwards for welcome coffee and carbs -thanks George- with talk of future non- local rides.

Confirmed Saturday 21st March as first longer monthly ride - all welcome, will post under different thread:

Pirates of the Cafe Bean - On Stranger Rides

See you all soon

FD
  • I love it when a plan comes together

CP
  • Sounds really good John...... Something to train for? Or train train for. I think it was actually colder on the turbo than it was outside today for once.

Good to hear the Bullet was frisky...it truly must be spring!

New hoops with all the road debris is indeed brave

Good to hear you had a fab ride.

Pete2nice2turboreally
  • edited February 2015
  • Hi Pete

Forget the turbo, come out with us next week
    Sargent says pain is weakness leaving the body
    Did moan about his dirty wheels for a strong man

Hope to see you soon
    CP
  • Thanks for making me feel most welcome last Sunday. Really enjoyed it. I will be back and join properly but not about this weekend so have fun.