Welcome to the forum

London Phoenix Easter Classic April 6

edited February 2015 in Sportives
The excellent, and popular, London Phoenix Easter Classic takes place on Easter Monday, April 6th. The ideal way to finish Easter after riding the CCA Spring Classic on Good Friday.

Always a 'blue train event' this ride starts in north east London (close to Hog Hill) and comprises a fantastic route through Essex.

Entries now open at British Cycling LINK

Comments

• Absolutly love this event

Even in the light of having a very small tom jnr in the house I will be out for this for sure.

All aboard the blue train.
  • I have entered.
  • Am there too.
  • Bringing this back to the top... anyone else fancy this awesome fast Easter ride?
  • It will be the first time out since the lad was born, I will be out but decidedly slower than the above :)
  • cant do this year :(
  • Bit jealous, me... and already looking forward to joining the Blue Train NEXT year

Have fun
  • edited March 2015
    Yep, in!!!

Jane, next year will be rock n roll then!
  • I'm in :-)
  • looking forward to this, I will be signing on early,

if my memory serves me well there's a terrible cup of tea to be had int club house before, I should be about from 8am

weather looks good.....let the puncture gods be kind......
  • edited April 2015
    Disscussed with Robbie yesterday, we're aiming for 8'ish as well.

Shd be good :-)
  • edited April 2015
    great day, great ride, great Team!

thanks guys for your help towards the end... 15 miles out, legs just couldn't keep up with MC & Robbie's relentless pace, well done guys awesome speeds out there!

has anyone seen the results yet?
  • Indeed a great day out, sunshine and daffodils growing by the roadside. Gresley would have been mightily impressed by the exuberance of the locomotive!

Tom D, Robbie, MC, Nathaniel, Martin H and myself.

We missed you Jane!

I guess the times get posted up in a week or so.
  • edited April 2015
    times are up

281 started, 268 finished (I excluded the top three as I assume they did the shorter route as 38 mph is pretty tasty speeds even for MC!)

Robbie - 29th - 03:37:43
    MC - 30th - 03:37:47
    Martin H - 31st - 03:37:59
    Daniel D - 34th - 03:39:07
    Skelders - 38th - 03:43:49
    Nathaniel - 93rd - 04:09:15

sorry Tom, couldn't find your name in the list :-(

http://resultsbase.net/Results/IndividualResults.aspx?Id=2847
  • forgot to mention... it wouldn't be the Phoenix without Robbie's annual puncture... he duly obliged :-D
  • and yet you all still posted those times. Shows you stuck together and rode as a team....great result guys.
  • We did Geoff! Apart from that mile long hill right at the end when we broke up - and then time trialled it in on MC's wheel on the main road (apologies to all, it wasn't very team like and more of a smash up! Clubman's brandies on me). So apart from that last couple of miles we were a well organised and a slick team, with riders from London Dynamo joining us for a while... doing their turn, or just hitching a lift for 10 miles!
  • I was grateful for the rest Geoff!! haha
  • Wish I was strong enough for the blue train! Hopefully in a few weeks now. But 60 miles on my own was really good for me I reckon! Chasing the rabbit has got to be the best kind of training
  • You're not alone, Nat, I lasted about 10 miles as well last year before being jettisoned out the back!

Didn't chase the rabbit personally as punctured twice in quick succession, so enjoyed the countryside views!

You were certainly going well enough up the hills on the G Ride!
  • ah Robbie....the hills :-) Think I'm regretting posting the routes up here now............without those you would all have had to wait for me...look what a mess I'll be in now :-)