Welcome to the forum

8am Sat 14 Feb

edited February 2015 in General
Back on gears after 135 miles on me fixed last weekend.... and now a sore knee! The classic cyclist's 'Spring knee' syndrome! So I'll see how it stands up to the little ring. Up for a long one tho!

Comments

• Will hopefully be out on Saturday for the usual long steady ride. Don't want to be too late back so early start preferred. Easter knees Doctor? I prescribe gears and lots of them.

Any thoughts on route? Looks like a few odd showers and reasonable temperatures for Sat.
  • You have forgotten one thing....it's VALENTINE day. Romance, roses, beating hearts......oh that reminds me, beating heart on a long bike ride, Count me in.xxxxxx
  • Should be there. Wind should be NE so what about heading outward Ely, following the Wells route? Then do a loop back.
  • Good suggestion Martin. Do you know the roads well enough to devise the loop back?
  • Good route. Knee likes the sound of that.
  • Hope this works, have put this on my Garmin

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/BRTWebUI/Course/762728
  • Busy couple of weekends for me coming up. Have a good ride. Will have to get some commuting miles in instead.
  • Good route Martin. Knee happy! Yay!!
    Eight out. Think most riders managed 88M minimum... some 100M. Ave 17mph. Good base miles to build on!
    Next week another one with a few more lumps and bumps!
  • Thanks to our scout.....Martin good route.
    I ended up doing 102 m but bonked at 97m. What did I expect on 1 bottle 2 gels and a banana. Silly me. Couldn't get in my house quick enough to devour bowl of cereal and 4 slices of toast and all that with my Helmet still on.
    See you all next week.
  • edited February 2015
    I had 96miles today at 17mph. Must admit to blowing a bit on the Col de Langford Bridge - always my nemesis. Didn't have the will to do an extra 4 miles to make the century. I had to laugh looking in the mirror - completely spattered in Belgian toothpaste. Those were filthy roads on the Fens.

Thanks to Martin for the imaginative route - really enjoyed the day out.
  • thank guys, good ride :-)

thanks Martin for the route, i ended up with 106 .... love it!!!